Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
361 of 433

re: "Can the video chat be done by Facetime?"

Probably.

Upwork is flexible about this. They will work with people. Contact them.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
362 of 433

Hi Donald, 

When you initiate the video verification, you will first be connected to an agent through a chat support ticket. When you're connected to an agent, you can let the agent know that you do not have any webcam available on your laptop/desktop computer. They will then share further instructions on how you can complete your video verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
Arshad S Member Since: Sep 13, 2019
363 of 433

Hi,
I have created this Upwork account newly. I want to verify identity. How can we do identity verification? Please send a notification to my account for a Government Issued ID card as well as Video Call Verification. Thank you.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
364 of 433

I don't think this is something you can request.

Upwork contacts you when they want you to do this.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
365 of 433

Hi Arshad,

Your account is not eligible for the ID verification badge yet. We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers so stay tuned, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Md Rimon M Member Since: Jul 2, 2017
366 of 433

How do I get verified badge from upwork? I have no NID / DL / Passport. I have Birth Certificate and Educational Certificate. I'm 19 years old. It will take another 6 months of total time to get NID. Is there any way to verify through Birth Certificate / Educational Certificate? I have a picture on the registration card. I have no pictures in the Birth Certificate / Educational Certificate. Please checkout attach file. What can I do now. Any better suggestions please.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
367 of 433

Hi Md,

Once you open click on the Get Start button on your end a new window with the accepted formats of ID will be shown to you. Unfortunately at the moment, you can't use another type of document to complete the verification. To learn more about this process and how to get the ID badge on your profile check out this Guide. Thank you.

Untitled
Md Rimon M Member Since: Jul 2, 2017
368 of 433

Thank you for your comment.

Ellijen Fenella C Member Since: Aug 5, 2019
369 of 433

Hi! Im new to Upwork and I've been trying to upload my gov't-issued ID for the Identity verification but the system has been down for the most part today. Im given until the 20th to verify. What shoud I do? I'd greatly appreciate a reply. Thanks!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
370 of 433

Hi Ellijen Fenella,

I'm sorry for the trouble this may have caused you. I followed up with our team and our team member will reach out to you and assist with this issue directly via your open ticket.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS