Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3731 of 4,347

Hi Zain,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
c1da8b82
Erik G Member Since: Apr 26, 2021
3732 of 4,347

Hi all, I've taken my verification, firstly attached my passport that was approved, then took the video verification with an upwork agent. Now In my profile the line "an action needs to be taken" still exists. And visual verification is not approved. Can't find a free live agent to chat with.

df602768
Community Leader
Konstantinos A Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
3733 of 4,347

Hi Erik,

I am not sure why that happens. Perhaps, the system needs time to update?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
3734 of 4,347

Hi Erik,

I checked and it looks like you were able to chat with one of our agents recently and they are assisting you! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
shahzad1212
Muhammad Shahzad M Member Since: Feb 28, 2018
3735 of 4,347

how you get it can you help me too as i can not verify my profile its been 3 years I am trying i have made my profile in 2018

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3736 of 4,347

Hi Muhammad,

I checked your account and see that you already reached out to our team regarding your concern with earning the ID-Verified Badge. One of our agents has already updated your ticket and provided more information. You may access your ticket by logging in to your account and going here

I'd also like to share that if you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cmurcia
Carlos G Member Since: May 9, 2019
3737 of 4,347

I've been in upwork for quite a while, I had already verified my account in the past with my government ID, I found a stable steady office job and stopped using upwork, I'm coming back again and I found that I need to verify my account again, which I understand as it's been a little while, my problem comes whenever I'm requested to verify it via passport only and I don't have a passport.

Is there any other way for me to verify the account? a video call, a government ID, drivers license? I tried just uploading the official ID from my country but I encountered an error saying that it was basically not possible.

Any help would be much appreciated I'd like to apply to jobs and if I get hired I wouldn't like to have any issues when trying to withdrawn the funds.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3738 of 4,347

Hi Carlos,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cmurcia
Carlos G Member Since: May 9, 2019
3739 of 4,347
Looking forward to it, this is much appreciated

Carlos Gonzalez
pattydi
Patricia D Member Since: Jun 16, 2020
3740 of 4,347

Hello, I have a problem I need to verified my account with a video Verification but When I press Star chat iit sents me through ths lnk https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=badge-verification and doesn't take me to anything!

PLEASE HELP!

just got Hired and i dont want to spend more time!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS