Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3931 of 4,336

Hi Waleed,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. However, once you get your documents and successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. For more information, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e89a066c
Audric V Member Since: May 27, 2021
3932 of 4,336

Hello everyone, I'm having a couple of problems with my account.

First, whenever I upload an image to change my profile picture, Upwork always says that something went wrong, and I'm not able to upload it, no matter what I do. I have tried changing image formats and browsers, and I have also tried resizing my image. Nothing seems to work.

Second, when I try to undergo visual identity verification, the camera notices my face and tells me to smile, but when I smile, it does not take any picture and just times out. I have tried this on my laptop and phone, and the result is the same in both cases.

Thanks for the help in advance.

djondinium
3933 of 4,336

Hi Audric,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the verification. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aliazam94
Ali K Member Since: Sep 20, 2017
3934 of 4,336

Hi Goran,

I am facing the issue of verifying my ID. At first, it showed "we couldn't verify your ID". After couple of failed attempts the message showed "we're verifying you ID, it may take upto 1 business day". It was two days ago and I am not sure what should I do now. If support team contacts me I am available to get it verified manually.

djondinium
3935 of 4,336

Hi Ali,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
adeboy1
Abdulrahman Olakun M Member Since: Jan 25, 2020
3936 of 4,336

I Am from Nigeria, I got a temporary national id card with my NIN on it, but the d.o.b  is not on it, I can't verify my id on Upwork. what is the solution

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3937 of 4,336

Abdulrahman Olakun M wrote:

what is the solution

Get a proper ID

adeboy1
3938 of 4,336
it is a proper and official one that was issued by the federal government, but the problem is before anyone can get the plastic id card from the federal government of Nigeria, it takes years. this one i got has my national identification Number on it, and it is allowed by the governemnt for all sorts of transaction.
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3939 of 4,336

Abdulrahman Olakun M wrote:
before anyone can get the plastic id card from the federal government of Nigeria, it takes years

According to my Nigerian contacts it does not take "years"

adeboy1
3940 of 4,336

That is the trend now. Even to get this one, one has to be lucky. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS