Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4111 of 4,330

Alex B wrote:

I'm being warned that I must verify my identity via the 2-step process within 7 days, or I won't be allowed to submit proposals or withdraw funds.  I searched the Upwork Community, but found very mixed answers to this question.  Being that many of those answers were from some years ago, I would hope that there is a clearer consensus on this now.  Can anyone please enlighten me as to why exactly this is a necessity and how it works? 

I am not sure why it matters because Upwork is requiring you to do it and thus you will not be able to do those things until you do.

The baseline reason is this is to ensure that you are the person you said you were when you setup the account.  It is kind of amusing sometimes to see Martha from Allentown, PA transform to a completely different race, gender, and location when they realize they must verify their identity.  It often happens right after they ask this very question.

I honestly don't remember the process.  I got on a video call and someone asked me questions.  Didn't take very long.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4112 of 4,330

Hi Alex, 

I checked your ticket and our team has provided appropriate help articles about the verification process for ID verification badge. Please use the verification link, provided in the ticket, to initiate the process. Our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about any questions or concerns you might have.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sandoval-maria
Maria S Member Since: Aug 2, 2019
4113 of 4,330

Same problem. The link doesnt work and I cant verify my account. 

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4114 of 4,330

Hi Maria,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to use the verification link provided in your support ticket. Once you initiate the process our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about any of your concerns.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dariar
Daria R Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
4115 of 4,330

Hi there!

I need video verification of my account. I've already uploaded my ID and when I click "Start Chat" button it redirects me to support page and nothing happens. My browser is Google Chrome. I cleared all the cookies, turned off a pop up blocker, enabled java script but still I have no access to video chat. 

Best regards,

Daria

waqas_sarwar
waqas s Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
4116 of 4,330

Hi, Did you try to upload your ID from both sides?

dariar
4117 of 4,330

My ID was verified but the problem with video chat page.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4118 of 4,330

Hi Daria,

I checked your account and see that you are already corresponding with our team directly via ticket regarding your concern with the video verification step. Thank you for providing the details requested by our team to resolve this issue. They will update your ticket to assist you further. If you have any questions, please feel free to post it on your ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dariar
4119 of 4,330

The problem is solved! Thank you.

tarookmo
Mohamed T Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
4120 of 4,330

Hello,

My problem is that I don't have a passport or driving license, and I need to verify my I.D, however, I've my national I.D and I can do the video call.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS