cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
411 of 604

Hi Pruthvi,

Feel free to upload your ID and our team will review it. If additional information are needed our team will reach out to you via ticket with detailed instructions. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Arnold Dominic V Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
412 of 604

Hello guys, I only have expired passport ID, I renew my passport but there's an error in my name, there's no second name on it but my expired passport does have the second name on it, I have a Voter's Certificate only because they're not issuing a ID for this year. Can I use it on Identity Verified badge? Please help me thanks.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
413 of 604

Hi Arnold,

Unfortunately no, our team will not be able to complete the verification with your passport. If you have a driving license or any other national ID feel free to submit it and our team will review your ID.

If additional information are needed our team will reach out to you with additional information. Thank you.

Untitled
Arnold Dominic V Member Since: Feb 27, 2019
414 of 604

Thank you Sir Goran for answering my question. I think I'll just fix my current passport if I have a free time, I don't have any national ID and driver's license for now. Godbless! Smiley Happy

Hilario Q Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
415 of 604

I received a message today from Upwork saying they disabled my account until I have earned my Identity Badge. I called right after, and went through the second of the two-stage verification process. My account is now enabled again. The thing is, when I checked the two proposals which I had sent last night, I got a message that said they've been withdrawn by Upwork. I'm assuming the withdrawal was because of the disabling of my account, and I understand that. However, since connects are now paid for, shouldn't Upwork bring back my connects? That's six connects for each.

Community Leader
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
416 of 604

I think that they'll not give it back to you, because they already gave you somedays as a chance to verify your identity, seems like you didn't verify it until the deadline was hit.

Marvelous.
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
417 of 604

Did you submit the proposals when your account was enabled?  Did Upwork withdraw your proposals when your account was disabled?  

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
418 of 604

It would be useful to have a response from the mods on this. I flagged the OP's post for clarification. If an account is temporarily suspended, in this case for verification purposes, does Upwork void the freelancer's proposals?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
419 of 604

Nichola L wrote:

It would be useful to have a response from the mods on this. I flagged the OP's post for clarification. If an account is temporarily suspended, in this case for verification purposes, does Upwork void the freelancer's proposals?

My understanding (and I'm obviously not a mod and I don't know for sure) from previous discussions is that initially the freelancer is asked to verify within 7 days. If I am not mistaken they also can not apply during those 7 days.

At the 7 day mark the freelancer's account is suspended, all proposals and active candidacies withdrawn and the ability to withdraw money also suspended. Again, if I remember correctly, ongoing contracts are at that point not affected.

Hilario Q Member Since: Oct 2, 2019
420 of 604

Yes, my account was still active when I submitted the proposals, the last one was submitted around last night. I was still able to access my account this afternoon. In fact, my account was open when I received the email this afternoon(Philippine Time). It was only after I received the email, and then quickly checked my Upwork that I discovered my account was suddenly blocked. Early this evening, I went to check my proposals and discovered that they've been withdrawn (along with some previous notes on that screen).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS