cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
611 of 771

Any government-issued photo ID should work as long as it's current.

Community Leader
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
612 of 771

Hi everyone,

I've been told to verify my account within 7 days. I've been on here 4 years and do OK with the clients. 

But, I guess I won't be here much longer as 1/ my passport expired so I cannot verify. 2/ I'm deaf, never used a video chat, so don't know how that will go.

Please can someone help me as I'm seriously worried. 

Louisa 

Community Leader
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
613 of 771

Where there's a will, there's a way. I'm pretty sure that Upwork has the intention to help you sort that as you're a great freelancer, good luck, and have a great day!

Marvelous.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
614 of 771

Being deaf is not an issue. Upwork has lots of deaf freelancers, including those who have passed through the "video interview" identify verification step.

If you want to do the interview, you may need notify Upwork that you need special accommodations, but that is something they routinely do.

Keep in mind that the main purpose of this step is to give Upwork a chance to loom at your face and confirm that you are the same person pictured in your profile photo. It is not a quiz or English language proficiency check or oral exam.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
615 of 771

Hi Achara,

I checked your account and I was able to find the option to start chat. Please click on the chat button and you will be directed to the video chat. Please let us know if you are still not able to see this option. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Lusine K Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
616 of 771

Hi, It requires 200 DPI for ID verification but my phone is 72 DPI only, I tried also online scanners, but in that case DPI is not shown in 'properties', so I can't be sure it is 200. Can I change it manually?

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
617 of 771

Hi Lusine,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further in uploading your ID. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Achara L Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
618 of 771

I was asked to complete my verification for my badge. I completed the identity verification but can not find the bottom or link to initiate the video verification. What should I do?

Hans D Member Since: Nov 4, 2019
619 of 771

I would call support and ask them. They'll probably set up the video call for you.

Jung K Member Since: Nov 11, 2019
620 of 771

I've submitted my ID twice now and I get the message that they are verifying me ID. But then after 24 hours, I am asked to submit my ID again. What is going on? I have sent a picture of my drivers license twice and I don't want to do it again. I submitted a help ticket but I have gotten zero replies.