cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1151 of 1,165

Hi Oluwaseun, 

I apologize for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Oluwaseun F Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
1152 of 1,165

Gillian W Member Since: Apr 27, 2017
1153 of 1,165

Hi, I need help in uploading my ID. I've reached the maximum number of attempts to do it. 

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
1154 of 1,165

Hi Gillian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Andrey S Member Since: Dec 19, 2019
1155 of 1,165

I have the same problem. Tried different browsers, cleared the cache, incognito mode, but I'm getting this message:

We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.

Leon A Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
1156 of 1,165

Today, I received my genuine valid government issued photo ID that I had to recently apply for from Validate UK, which is recognised by Home Office, National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC), the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and the Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI).

I scanned and uploaded it to the Identity Verification section, to to receive a reply from the team  hours later that they were unable to verify the ID provided.

To even apply for the card, comes with stringent steps to even apply, including 2 valid documents (1 document was my birth certificate, and another document from HM Revenue & Custom with my home address), and a Passport sized photo. All of which had to be witnessed, authenticated (the 2 original documents) and sign off by a referee in a working profession, who received contact by Validate UK to verify who I am.

The Photo ID I provided has a 'PASS' hologram for authenticity.

This is the only government Photo ID I could obtain with the little resources that I had at my disposal, as I currently I'm priced out of obtaining a provisional drivers's license and most definitely a renewal of my passport, especially due to the fact that I haven't travelled in over a decade, I would only intend to do the pricy £75.50 renewal when I intend to travel, also given that It takes 3 weeks to obtain.

So, I really don't understand how the government photo ID I provided did could not be verified?

I received another reply from the team saying  "Acceptable ID's are:  A passport (as previously mentioned, I don't have the resourses for a pricey renewal for something that I don't intend to use in the near future), National ID (the UK scraped this years ago), Driver's license (I don't drive or own a car) or permanent residency card (I'm a british citizen by birth, it not required for me). 

I can assure you that the Validate UK Card is a valid government photo ID.

The back of the card states as follows:

"The National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) and the Security Industry Authority (SIA) recognise this 18+ PASS hologrammed VALIDATE UK card as a valid form of proof of age and photographic ID. That is why their logos are on the front of this card."

Any further information you can check with Validate UK official website. As I've understood it, the card provides a Photo, my name, Date of Birth, and is a verified governement ID, which complies with that is required.

I've passed the video call verification when it was implemented at the time, and mine was: 

Completed on 2017-09-07

I would greatly appreciate if this issue could be resolved, as though I appreciate the efforts to remove fraud off of Upwork which helps freelancers such as myself, and with the changes that have happened, I do intent to continue to use this site, but if by the time profiles are closed out from searches and earnings, I can't see any means to continue with Upwork, as it is already costed me money (and even then I needed help with funds to apply for the ID) to comply with the Identity Verification.

Once again, Any help to resolve this issue is most appreciated.

cheers

Leon

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1157 of 1,165

Hi Leon,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Leon A Member Since: Aug 22, 2017
1158 of 1,165

Hello Joanne,

I received the ticket and greatly appreciate the assistance. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved.

cheers,

Leon

Abdul S Member Since: Dec 11, 2019
1159 of 1,165

support is unresponsive. It seems that they are just copy pasting the script that they have and if you ask some questions which is off the script they stop replying to you which happens to me. In my first reply to them I made them aware of my situtaion yet they still asked for the same issue and asked me to explain it. 

I replied again telling them I don't know anything more. which is obviously the reason why I contacted them in the first place. I attached a screenshot this time as well. but they have not replied back ever since. They are so unresponsive in this matter and reading other peoples replies i'm assuming they are like that. and upwork is not going to do anything about it. because if they wanted to they would have done it already. in the mean time we will suffer the consequences of their incompetence or upworks policy or both. either way we the freelancers stand to suffer

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1160 of 1,165

Hi Abdul,

I apologize for the delay. Your ticket has been escalated to another team and I'll go ahead and follow up with them so that they can get back to you and assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS