cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

jleighs123
Jennifer G Member Since: Mar 16, 2020
11 of 3,943

Avery, can you help me? The last time I was paid on Upwork was 2017. I have since remarried and my last name has changed. When that happened in 2017, I already notified Upwork through a support request (which I can still see in my request history), and all of my information was updated by the support person at that time. My name on Upwork since that time is my new legal name. Now Upwork settings is telling me my bank account and debit card don't match my Upwork name, but my Upwork name is correct, it hasn't changed in the last 2+ years. I just received two emails from Upwork asking me to go through the identity verification, and when I click either link, it says they're expired. It seems they have done away with actually opening a trouble ticket for support anymore. Can anyone help?

e6b95ff4
Tobenna O Member Since: Mar 28, 2020
12 of 3,943
Hi please I need to know how I can verify my identity, or what makes me eligible or what I can do to be eligible, also is the Upwork Readiness test still available?
cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
13 of 3,943

Lena, last time I could not verify because the incorrect address was on the front of my card and the correct address was on the back. When I tried to show the front and back of my ID, I was denied. Will I be able to show the front and back of my card this time around? Will I be denied if they see the address on the front first and assume I am lying? This process was horrible the first time around.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 3,943

Hi Catherine, 

If you do not successfully verify your identity on your first attempt, you can try again. If ever you go through any issues, you can contact us through our support channels, or here, and our team will be happy to help you. 

-Avery
Untitled
cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
15 of 3,943

Thank you, Avery.

cherrysewell
Cherry S Member Since: Dec 16, 2016
16 of 3,943

My photo ID has the incorrect address on the front too as I've moved and the Australian authorities issued me with new address labels that can only be attached to the back of the card.  So how can I verify my address with this?  My passport does not have my address, only my Driver's license.  Please let me know what I should do as I do not want my income interrupted by this process.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
17 of 3,943

Hi Cherry,

I understand your concern but can assure you our team will be able to assist you directly in case any additional communication is required. Please upload your ID once you're asked to verify your identity and you should be able to successfully complete the process.

Untitled
dmitryzakharov10
Dmitry Z Member Since: Oct 22, 2019
18 of 3,943

Hello, please, can you help me with my passport verification ? I cant understand what is wrong with it, i send it twice and my account still dont verified.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
19 of 3,943

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you submitted your ID just recently on your open ticket. Please allow time for our team to review it and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
hellorana000
Rana A Member Since: Apr 13, 2020
20 of 3,943

Hi , I have online NID copy. I do not get orginal NID card so Please Upwork can take it? and give me some times? Thanks

**Edited for community guidelines**