cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Favour O Member Since: Jul 24, 2020
2271 of 2,551

I'm new to Upwork and I recently landed a new job. The client loved my work and there's the potential for long term work in the future. However, I have to pass Identity Verification and I have no approved ID at the moment. Is there anything I can do? I really don't want to lose my account.

I can get one, but it'll take a while, because of the CO-VID 19 situation...

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2272 of 2,551

Hi Favour,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Bappaditya P Member Since: Jul 24, 2020
2273 of 2,551

How do i verify my account?

Highlighted
2274 of 2,551

Hi Bappaditya,

Currently, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badgeIf you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Rishu K Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
2275 of 2,551

Hi ,

Approx 8 days before I have successfully submitted my government issued ID and still showing "We’re reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day.

Please help me out for the same.

Thanks!

Rishu Kamboj

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2276 of 2,551

Hi Rishu,

I followed up with the team and you should be all set now. Feel free to continue with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ajith T Member Since: Jul 27, 2020
2277 of 2,551

Hi there,
            I need to complete my identity verification. I had concluded with the help center, they told will receive a mail link. but there is no mail reached me for verification.

Highlighted
Sabbir A Member Since: Nov 9, 2019
2278 of 2,551

Wait for a while 
Sometimes they send replies a bit late 

Highlighted
2279 of 2,551

Hi Ajith,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Rahab W Member Since: Jul 27, 2020
2280 of 2,551

Hi, I am having a problem with starting my virtual ID verification ( the second stage). Every time I click the START CHAT, it leads me to the Upwork Home page. Kindly help.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS