Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2431 of 3,921

Hi Joshua,

You will need to use your own government-issued ID in order to verify your identityFreelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
fandel
Ahmed S Member Since: Aug 26, 2020
2432 of 3,921

I'm unable to complete the first part of the identity verification due to problems in my ID.

My mom lost some money and my and her ID in 2020/4/18(4/20?) when her bag was stolen.
We are in the process of re extracting them but we should pay a fine alongside the extraction fee and it's not possible in our current situation.

I can show my personal pictures alongside my birth certificate, passport and dad's ID to help in the verify process, there's no problem in a video call too.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
2433 of 3,921

Hi Ahmed,

If you have your passport you should be able to use it to complete the verification. You can check here for information on the acceptable IDs for the verification process.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
fandel
Ahmed S Member Since: Aug 26, 2020
2434 of 3,921

Thanks Andrea! 

terzicmilos
Milos T Member Since: Jul 24, 2017
2435 of 3,921

I have completed my ID verification phase, and now when I go to that section of Settings tab and choose "Start chat" and click it, it only redirects me to the following page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=verify-profile 
Nothing happens after that. I have tried deleting cache, cookies, I have allowed microphone and camera for the Google Meet, but nothing seems to work, it's as if the "Start chat" button is broken. 
What am I supposed to do? I have a 7 day deadline to finish this verification and I wouldn't like for that to mess up my profile.

bstojadinovic
2436 of 3,921

Hi Milos,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
hassan_rathore
Hassan R Member Since: Feb 13, 2020
2437 of 3,921

Hi Upwork,

I received email from Upwork to verify my identity.

I uploaded the ID which is under review.

I am unable to initiate a video call as there is no link available.

Attached is the screenshot.

Regards,

Hassan

bstojadinovic
2438 of 3,921

Hi Hassan,

In order to complete this process please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification. Click on the Start Chat button and initiate a short video call with our agent.

~ Bojan
Untitled
rutvi26
Rutvi S Member Since: Aug 29, 2020
2439 of 3,921

Hello,

My Id verification is approved. I am not able to apply for video verification.
Please help me solve this issue.

Regards

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
2440 of 3,921

Hi Rutvi,

Sorry for the late response. To complete your video verification process please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification. Click on the Start Chat button and initiate a short video call with our agent. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled