Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

fandel
Ahmed S Member Since: Aug 26, 2020
2471 of 4,324
Thanks for your help.
cerogers78
Cindy O Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
2472 of 4,324

I have multiple times to upload my ID for verification. And, no matter how many times I have, I get the same message: Sorry, we’re having some trouble analyzing the image of your ID at this time.

How hard can it be to analyze when it is clear as day! And, there is not a way to get in actual contact apparently, because I got sent to the come to the Community Page. 

Any suggestions on this? I am getting frustrated! I just want to verify my ID and update my name to my current married name. Is that too much to ask? Heck, I would be willing to send a copy of my ID via email to Upwork, just to get this over with!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2473 of 4,324

Hi Cindy,

Just to confirm, did you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your ID? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cerogers78
Cindy O Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
2474 of 4,324

I have tried on three different browsers. This is what I have gotten each time.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2475 of 4,324

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
chaitra08
Chaitra S Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
2476 of 4,324

Hi, I have completed the first step of identity verification. My ID has been successfully verified but I am not sure how to proceed with the verification call. Please guide me. There is no link in my profile for the call with the Upwork executive.

djondinium
2477 of 4,324

Hi Chaitra,

You can start the video call with the team by clicking on the green 'Start Chat' button in the Settings > Identity Verification. For more information on the verification, check out this help article. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
chaitra08
Chaitra S Member Since: Sep 2, 2020
2478 of 4,324

Hi

This is sorted. Thank you. 

b2099aa9
Samira A Member Since: Aug 25, 2020
2479 of 4,324

Hello! my name is Samira.

I received an email asking me to verify my identity going through two steps, uploading a photo ID and have a Video chat with an Upwork agent.

I completed the first step as it appears on my account that "ID added successfully verified", but when it comes to the video chat I click on "Start chat" and it takes me to help center.

How should the video chat be initiated? Should I receive an invitation? Is it going to be scheduled or is it random?

Thank you!

djondinium
2480 of 4,324

Hi Samira,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork