cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
M P Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
2471 of 2,547

Also, please provide any and all relevant details about any cybersecurity breaches or fraud-related activity that have impacted or occurred at 1) Upwork and 2) its third-party IT vendors over the past five years and if such breaches/activity have been reported to any outside authorities.

Again, the answer to these questions are necessary to prevent freelancers from being scammed.

Highlighted
M P Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
2472 of 2,547

Finally, when you say that Upwork employees -- does this include independent contractors and outsourced staff, by the way -- are subjected to background checks, is this done internally and/or through a third-party vendor (or vendors)?

If the latter, what is their legal name and address? How long have they been providing this service to Upwork?

Are any Upwork employees (or independent contractors or outsourced staff) exempt or otherwise not subject to such background checks? How often are current employees subjected to background checks? Does this also include senior executives of Upwork?

Again, the answer to these questions are necessary to prevent freelancers from being scammed.

Highlighted
Jini D Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
2473 of 2,547

Hi,

I did the full verfication process. ( the drivers liscense,etc.) I got an email saying my account id was verified, yet I have no badge. This is what the email said:

Hi Jini,
Congratulations! Your identification has been reviewed and accepted.
Thanks for helping us maintain a trusted workplace for all.
This portion of your account review is now complete. If there are additional issues being reviewed, the appropriate team has been notified that your documents have been accepted. If no other reviews are needed, you can now submit proposals. If you need tips on getting started, check out A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork.

So I am confused as to why I don't have a check mark/badge like other users. I don't want this to impact me getting invites, proposals, etc.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2474 of 2,547

Hi Jini,

The verification you've complete was not for the ID badge. Once you become eligible/required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Fred Mwongela M Member Since: Apr 17, 2017
2475 of 2,547

Hello,

Just wondering how long I'll have to wait to receive the verification badge message.

I've already done work for a client who requires a verified account to pay me in a week's time. The contract ends on 18th Dec.

Is it possible to know if I can be enabled to verify my account?

Fred

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2476 of 2,547

Hi Fred,

Once you become eligible/required, you'll be notified about the verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Oluwaseun F Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
2477 of 2,547

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2478 of 2,547

Hi Oluwaseun, 

Could you please try basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
2479 of 2,547

Highlighted
2480 of 2,547

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS