Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Jose Carlo G Member Since: Sep 7, 2020
2511 of 2,726

Hi,

Needng assistance once again. I recently recieved an email stating that I should verify my identity in Upwork by providing government issued identification. I clicked on the email link however it states that they cannot complete my request right now. I have provided screen shots of the error. Thanks in advance to anyone who can lend a hand. Smiley Happy

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2512 of 2,726

Hi Jose Carlo,

I'm sorry to hear about this. I followed up with the team and one of our agents already updated your support ticket with more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Asher A Member Since: Aug 6, 2020
2513 of 2,726

Hello, I have the same 500(N) issue and I cannot resolve it! Please, I need help!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2514 of 2,726

Hi Asher,

Our team will reach out to you directly on your ticket with additional instructions and will assist you further. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Claribeth G Member Since: Aug 28, 2020
2515 of 2,726

Hi Upwork Community,

I have received a notification that I need to complete ID verification for me to earn a verified badge. I was about to do it however whenever I click the Identity Verification in Profile Settings, I get an error "We can't complete your request" (Error 500). Is the page down today or something? 

Hope you can help me with this. Thank you!

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2516 of 2,726

Hi Claribeth,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Xavier Luke P Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
2517 of 2,726

Hi is it possible to use my transcript of records from my previous university for ID verification? I lost my wallet containing all my government-issued IDs pre-Covid and I'm not able to acquire them for the near future.

I hope for your kind consideration.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2518 of 2,726

Hi Xavier Luke,

In order to confidently verify your identity, we need to match your physical appearance with a photo ID issued by a government entity. This includes a valid driver’s license, passport, or identity card. You can check this help article for more information about the acceptable documents and how to complete this verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Xavier Luke P Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
2519 of 2,726

Hi Bojan,

I have read the help article. I'm wondering if I can use my university Transcript of Records in place of the government issued IDs since I am unable to acquire the said government-issued IDs within the week.

Best regards!

Highlighted
Chiamaka M Member Since: Sep 15, 2020
2520 of 2,726

Hi

when I click on Get started, it is showing as following.

"

We can't complete your request now

Please try again later.
To report this problem, click here.
For availability updates, visit our site status page.

Error 500 (N)

"

but I can see other pages.please help me.

thank  you

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS