Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Quynh T Member Since: Oct 10, 2020
2611 of 3,041

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Upwork and currently working on 1 contract. Upwork has announced me that until Oct 16 if I haven't completed the verification by then, my account will be on hold.

I've completed the ID verification. Then I tried doing the video call but after finishing chatting with the Bot, no one shows up to actually give me a video call. So I can't complete the task.

Also, I see no other options for this visual verification. As I read, there is another method that uses selfie photos to verify, but I only have the ID and video. If the video still doesn't work until Oct 16, how can I continue doing my jobs?

Looking forward to receiving response from Upwork!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2612 of 3,041

Hi Quynh,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the verification. I followed up with the team and they sent you more information on this support ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Paula F Member Since: Oct 10, 2020
2613 of 3,041

Hello!

My name is Paula Figueira and I need some help with the ID verification of my account.

I live in Venezuela and the last month my ID Card expired, and due to the Global Pandemic we're living and the Quarantine that is still being held here, I can't renew it right now. However, in my country, it is normal to have two nationalities, and I got a second one. I got a Portuguese nationality (my family is Portuguese), with the papers up to date and I was wondering if I could use the information of my second nationality to verify my identity without any problem.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Highlighted
2614 of 3,041

Hi Paula,

I checked and it seems that you already in correspondence with the team on this support ticket. Please allow more time for the team to review your case and follow up on the ticket.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Doly A Member Since: Oct 11, 2020
2615 of 3,041

Hi,

I want to verify my NID but the date formate is not working.

now, what should I do ??

I added an attached file It's maybe will help you to understand the problem.

Thank you

Highlighted
2616 of 3,041

Hi Doly,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Emmanuel U Member Since: Oct 12, 2020
2617 of 3,041

Please the only identity I have is that given to me by my country's government and Upwork wouldn't verify it. I have not been able to get other IDs currently as I have been told by the issuing agency to come at a later date.

Highlighted
2618 of 3,041

Hi Emmanuel,

Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Please note that freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. However, once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Vicky U Member Since: Sep 30, 2020
2619 of 3,041
I successfully passed the Visual Verification Stage however my government ID was not verified. I figured it would be because I used my nickname to open Upwork instead of my real name.

So now, I tried to change my name and it says i have to wake for 48 hours for my name to be reviewed. Meanwhile, I have tried verifying my government ID again all to no avail. Can anyone please help or give me directions as my account will be closed down tomorrow due to incomplete verification.
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2620 of 3,041

Hi Vic,

Rest assusred, your account will not be closed. Please be patient for your name change request to be reviewed and once it's done our team will reach out to you with the results.
If you have any additional questions regarding your verification, you can follow up on your ticket with number 29921860. 
I would like to clarify that once your name request is finished our team will be able to review your ID again. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS