cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Millie D Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2721 of 2,846

I feel like we should have been given more than 7 days notice about this. It makes no sense that Upwork will allow us to continue working on active contracts but won't give us access to our money. I don't drive and only use my ID for voting, essentially, and so my ID is actually expired. The process of going to the state DPS office to get a new once and having it mailed to me is about 3 weeks or so. I don't think it's right that Upwork will put a hold on my account - after I've been a freelancer for YEARS - when they have only given 7 days notice.

Is there not a way to extend this to 21 days so that it at least matches the time it takes to get an updated ID? 

Highlighted
Millie D Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2722 of 2,846

And by the way, I've already spent 2 hours with the CS on chat about this issue but none of my questions were answered. I don't have this many hours in the day, especially considering it will take me 8 hours or more just to get a new ID.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Samantha L Member Since: Jan 3, 2016
2723 of 2,846

What ended up happening? Did Upwork give you an extension? 

Highlighted
Rob C Member Since: Sep 10, 2019
2724 of 2,846

Everytime I try to start a video chat to verify my identity it refreshes to the job board page. It also does this when I try to go to the Help link in the site's footer. No idea why I keep getting redirected. I've tried multiple browsers.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2725 of 2,846

Hi Rob, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if the issue persists if you clear your cookies, or used a different browser? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Nasir A Member Since: Oct 10, 2018
2726 of 2,846

Hello, i'm facing verification problem i'm uploading my id card it's verified but when i talk with agent for video verification she not listen clearly my voice i don't know why but now my id card also pending and when i try again to upload message shown facing some techincal problem try later i try last two days but still same issue face. can anyone help me how to i reslove this? Thanks!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2727 of 2,846

Hi Nasir,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Cristina P Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
2728 of 2,846

I don't have the option to verify my identity in my profile settings. Is it because my account is new? My profile just got approved, so I don't understand. I'm talking about uploading a photo ID and doing the video chat so that I have the blue icon next to my name.

Highlighted
Md Mohai M Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
2729 of 2,846

Hey,
Go to the "setting" of your account. And find there "Identity Verification". There you will get the way to verify your account.
or you can try this link: https://www.upwork.com/ab/identity-verification/

Highlighted
Cristina P Member Since: Oct 4, 2019
2730 of 2,846
Hi there. Like I said in my post, I don't have this option in my settings.
This is what I am trying to resolve. The link did not work for me. Thank
you anyway for trying to help.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS