Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Mohamed T Member Since: Jul 8, 2018
2831 of 2,984

Hello,

My problem is that I don't have a passport or driving license, and I need to verify my I.D, however, I've my national I.D and I can do the video call.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2832 of 2,984

Hi Mohamed,

Feel free to upload your National ID Card. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Valeriy C Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
2833 of 2,984

Hello! I have exactly the same problem. For 4 days I just can’t solve it. A upwork does not help.

Highlighted
2834 of 2,984

Hi Valeriy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with completing your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Usama A Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
2835 of 2,984
Hi there,
I've a notification of verification of identity at the top of page. Unfortunately i've lost my national ID card with other official documents (in wallet) a couple of days ago and i've also applied for the new one but the authorities said that it will take upto two weeks to arrive the card.
The upwork says "verify your identity by 29,august 2019". Whereas i'm unable to verify it by tomorrow. Please help me how to resolve the issue.
Thanks alot
Highlighted
2836 of 2,984

Hi Usama,

In order to confidently verify your identity, we need to match your physical appearance with a photo ID issued by a government entity. This includes a valid driver’s license, passport, or identity card. Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts.

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Usama A Member Since: Oct 15, 2017
2837 of 2,984
Hi there,
Thanks for the details. The thing is that i lost my wallet and my id card
and licence were in that wallet. And unfortunately I have nothing else to
show . The authorities are saying that it will take about two weeks for
renewal of cards as i've already applied for it.
Is there any possibility that the deadline of verification could be
extended ?

Thanks
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2838 of 2,984

Hi Usama,

Feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions and our team will assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Sheryl M Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
2839 of 2,984
Hi Upwork team,
I just want to ask. I would like see to my account showing the identity verification badge on my profile, however I am not seeing the "identity verification" option in the settings tab. Is it normal? How can I verify my account? Please help. Appreciate your response. Thanks! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
2840 of 2,984

Hi Sheryl,

Your account is not eligible for the ID badge yet. We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers so stay tuned, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS