cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4091 of 4,315

I'm sorry to hear that issue persists, Stanislav. 

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to use the verification link provided in your support ticket. Once you initiate the process our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about any of your concerns.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
s_verbytskyi
Stanislav V Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
4092 of 4,315

Hi upwork team,

The issue still persists.

I cleared cache and cookies of chrome and tried. but it was same

And I tried on other browser(FireFox), it was also same.

I think we can do video verification via google hangout.

Please help me again.

Regards,

Stanislav

bstojadinovic
4093 of 4,315

Hi Veronika and Stanislav,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
s_verbytskyi
Stanislav V Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
4094 of 4,315

Hi Bojan,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**(A member of Upwork video verification ) replied about my request.

He said I should enable 3rd party cookies. so I enabled that.

But video verification still doesn't work.

The issue still presists.

Today(23th, Aug) is end date for verification about me.

I already verified ID of me and I lost 3 days for video verification beacuse of the same issue.

*Please give me more days to verify and please help me to solve the issue again.

Regards,

Stanislav

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4095 of 4,315

Hi Stanislav,

I just checked your account and can confirm that you have successfully completed the verification.
If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nikelmint
Veronika M Member Since: Aug 22, 2019
4096 of 4,315

I have to video verify my account by tomorrow, but there is still no "Action required" message. The support bot just sends me to the "Identity verification" page in my settings, but when I click "start chat" he throws me back to the bot so I get a vicious circle. The support team can't answer me this question for 10 hours, but I need it as soon as possible, until tomorrow! Please help me

alexqa2018
Alexander B Member Since: Aug 22, 2019
4097 of 4,315

I'm being warned that I must verify my identity via the 2-step process within 7 days, or I won't be allowed to submit proposals or withdraw funds.  I searched the Upwork Community, but found very mixed answers to this question.  Being that many of those answers were from some years ago, I would hope that there is a clearer consensus on this now.  Can anyone please enlighten me as to why exactly this is a necessity and how it works? 

emonuzzamanmd
Community Leader
Md E Member Since: Apr 26, 2018
4098 of 4,315

You must complete these two steps to go further on UpWork. Its verification process from upwork to keep this market place fraud-free. 

Without completing these steps you can are not allowed to submit proposals or withdraw funds.

florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4099 of 4,315

Alex B wrote:

I'm being warned that I must verify my identity via the 2-step process within 7 days, or I won't be allowed to submit proposals or withdraw funds.  I searched the Upwork Community, but found very mixed answers to this question.  Being that many of those answers were from some years ago, I would hope that there is a clearer consensus on this now.  Can anyone please enlighten me as to why exactly this is a necessity and how it works? 

I am not sure why it matters because Upwork is requiring you to do it and thus you will not be able to do those things until you do.

The baseline reason is this is to ensure that you are the person you said you were when you setup the account.  It is kind of amusing sometimes to see Martha from Allentown, PA transform to a completely different race, gender, and location when they realize they must verify their identity.  It often happens right after they ask this very question.

I honestly don't remember the process.  I got on a video call and someone asked me questions.  Didn't take very long.

bstojadinovic
4100 of 4,315

Hi Alex, 

I checked your ticket and our team has provided appropriate help articles about the verification process for ID verification badge. Please use the verification link, provided in the ticket, to initiate the process. Our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about any questions or concerns you might have.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS