Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

georyl25
Sheryl M Member Since: Mar 19, 2019
4181 of 4,387
Hi Upwork team,
I just want to ask. I would like see to my account showing the identity verification badge on my profile, however I am not seeing the "identity verification" option in the settings tab. Is it normal? How can I verify my account? Please help. Appreciate your response. Thanks! Smiley Happy
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4182 of 4,387

Hi Sheryl,

Your account is not eligible for the ID badge yet. We are rolling out ID badges to more freelancers so stay tuned, you will receive a notification once your account is eligible.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
casto_tia
Tia C Member Since: Aug 29, 2019
4183 of 4,387

I am having trouble verifying my identity via webcam. Is there any other way I can complete verification? I have already submitted my drivers license.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Tia Casto

bstojadinovic
4184 of 4,387

Hi Tia,

I checked your profile and it looks like you already successfully completed your verification process and received the ID Badge, congratulations! 

If this is not what you're experiencing, please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if it will change!

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shin524
Manuelle Z Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
4185 of 4,387

Hello and good day. I am encountering an issue with regards to Identity Verification. Every time I click "Get Started", I get a spinning loader and it just loads continuously for 1-2 minutes. After that, it displays a reply stating "We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute." I've been trying to verify my identity for the whole day with no avail. I just want to know if this is an issue on my part or is it a problem from the server-side.

shin524
Manuelle Z Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
4186 of 4,387

Solved. It was a problem on my part. Thank you so much.

j_designerly
J D Member Since: Jun 5, 2021
4187 of 4,387

Hey Manuelle, how did you solve this problem of the spinning wheel when loading ID page? If anyone can help that'd be great

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
4188 of 4,387

Hi there,

If that's happening to you, can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the problem persists, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
maddiepugh
Madeline P Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
4189 of 4,387

I am trying to verify my ID and I keep getting an error message (see attached)

bstojadinovic
4190 of 4,387

Hi Madeline,

We had an issue with ID badge verification but it has since been fixed. You may still experience the issue if you are using Chrome because of a delay in updating cache. Could you please try doing a hard refresh and clearing your browser cache manually? Let us know if you still experience issues with verification after that.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS