Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

k-vikas
Vikas K Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
4291 of 4,330

Hello,

I got the email to verify my ID for the ID VERIFY BEDGE. I tried to complete the process multiple times but it is not accepting my ID proof because there is only "VIKAS" in my government ID proof and here my ID is "Vikas K". There is no last name in my government ID proof but Upwork does not accept the ID proof without the last name. Now, Upwork is not verifying my ID and also not providing the option to verify ID with a Video call. I am an Indian nationalist. Kindly help me in verifying my ID that I can earn a verified badge. I have government ID proof with photo.  

adnanmuhammad37
Muhammad A Member Since: Nov 30, 2020
4292 of 4,330

HI.

I don't have access to verify my account why is it so anyone can help?

sdsnow86
Sam S Member Since: Oct 21, 2020
4293 of 4,330
As of now, only earning freelancers are required to verify their identity.
You will be notified when it is necessary for you to verify your identity
pagewriter
Timothy and Michel C Member Since: Mar 6, 2021
4294 of 4,330

I have a situation because the California motor vehicle office was closed when my ID expired and. I went to renew it on February 20th, prior to starting work on here. They say it is taking up to 8 weeks, now I am working on here I have 2 jobs and cant get paid. Help, we are a husband and wife couple but it wouldnt take my husbands either even through his is not expired.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
4295 of 4,330

Hi there,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

Please know that each freelancer must have their own unique account on Upwork. Sharing an account is a violation of the Upwork User Agreement. Learn more here.

~ Nikola

Untitled
adamcopperfield
Stanislav K Member Since: Feb 22, 2016
4296 of 4,330

Hello. I have a problem with my identity verification. My pasport is expired and I can't renew in right now due to covid restrictions in Belarus. I don't have any other legal ID documents. Could you help me with this problem. I'm working for 5 years on upwork already and I did document verification in the past. Thanks.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4297 of 4,330

Hi Stanislav,

Feel free to upload the documents so that our team can review them. They'll let you know if any additional steps are required from you. For more information on the verification, you can check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
adamcopperfield
Stanislav K Member Since: Feb 22, 2016
4298 of 4,330

I've uploaded the document, but the system automatically rejected it due to expiration date. Is there a way I can force push it to the verification team?

umer3333
Muhammad Umer N Member Since: Mar 15, 2021
4299 of 4,330

Hi,

I am trying to verify my identity but failed more than once. I don't want to keep trying just in case if my account gets blocked. Is there any other way i can get this sorted?

Thank you

Umer

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4300 of 4,330

Hi Muhammad,

You will need to complete the second step as well in order for your verification to be completed. To start this, go to Settings > Identity Verification and click on the green button. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork