Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4311 of 4,387

Hi Maharshi,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kunalbhardwaj54
Kunal B Member Since: Aug 20, 2020
4312 of 4,387

how much time it takes for new freelancers to earn identity verification badge?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
4313 of 4,387

Hi Kunal,

At this time, only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b0ee0fc4
Lagat S Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
4314 of 4,387
Hello,
I got the email on verification of identity but trying to verify I got a response of verification failure, it was requesting me to try after sometimes. What could be the problem?
tinker_bell3
4315 of 4,387

Hi Lagat,

Could you please try using Mozilla Firefox? If the same error appears or you are still unable to complete the verification process, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b0ee0fc4
Lagat S Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
4316 of 4,387

Hi Joan,

Thanks for your response, let me try then will give feedback.

Simion

web_mentor
Shafiq R Member Since: Sep 23, 2020
4317 of 4,387

Hi upwork community. i want to ask about a popup that appears on my profile having text: Verify your Identity by 09/30/2020 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.
when i get started. it gives me this error: We are sorry! We are experiencing a technical problem and cannot process your request right now. Please try again in a minute.

can someone help what shoud i do?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
4318 of 4,387

Hi Shafiq,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your verification. Could you please try the following steps? 

1. Sign in to your Upwork account
2. Go to this page and click on the green 'Yes, Clear Cookies' button
3. Sign in again to Upwork (after clearing Upwork cookies, you'll be logged out of your account)
4. Go to Settings > Identity Verification page and start the verification

Please follow up here if you continue to experience the same error so we can assist you further,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
brendan_rose
Brendan R Member Since: Nov 17, 2020
4319 of 4,387

I am trying to do the visual verification of my identity, my ID was already accepted, and I already have a job, which I do not wish to lose. Whenever I click to do visual verification, it just opens a popup window of the Upwork help page, then the previous window says "This should only take a minute" and then it says "Timed out on waiting for agent to verify your identity". I tried clearing upwork cookies, I tried using the firefox browser, I tried using my cellphone with the correct app installed, nothing is working. Can you help me? [I have filed a support ticket but so far there is no reply]

tinker_bell3
4320 of 4,387

Hi Brendan,

I checked, and it looks like one of our agents has updated your ticket to assist you further in completing the verification process. Please follow the instruction they provided on the ticket to proceed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS