Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verified badge soon required for all earning freelancers

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
71 of 2,824

Aleksandar D, It was approved 3 hours ago and looks like I didn't need to verify by video again since I did this a short time ago, so I now have the badge. I didn't need to open a request or anything, my ID was already uploaded and said it needed 1 business day. It failed to go through the first time, then I reuploaded it and it was put on a wait, and then they approved so others who can see that your ID isn't blurry and has everything they asked in the image just try uploading again and they'll manually check it. I assume they all need to be checked manually anyways but yet it comes up and says that it is trying to process the verification while you sit there, and that doesn't work so you need to upload it again until it goes in to be checked manually. 

Highlighted
Aldo C Member Since: Jan 17, 2018
72 of 2,824

I have a question, I have my most recent ID that is my driver's license, but the picture doesn't look good, but it has the info you are asking in the front face (name, and day of birth), so would there be any problem if the picture doesn't look good (it looks a little squeezed)?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
73 of 2,824

Hi Aldo, 

You will have two tries upload your ID document for review. If it doesn't go through, you will automatically be routed for manual review. 

You may also wish to use another government-issued ID such as a passport if you feel like the driver's license may be rejected. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Mark W Member Since: Jun 26, 2019
74 of 2,824

Hi Lena, thanks for the announcement Smiley Happy

I dont have any of these documents:

• Driver’s license (I dont drive)
  • Passport, green card, etc. (I live in Australia and only have and expired UK passport)
  • National identity card (I dont have one of these)

Can you advise - thanks  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
75 of 2,824

Hi Mark,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further on how to complete the verification process. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Karen B Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
76 of 2,824

I think I did the video verification when I joined Upwork a year ago (I remember doing it with somebody).  Now, I have a different computer -- it's a Panasonic Toughbook, and there's no webcam.  And nowhere to install one.  So, this video thing will be a problem.

Government ID is no problem.  I have a Driver's License/REAL ID and also a passport (but the passport expires next month).  So I can either take a photo with phone and attach or scan and attach.

Highlighted
Brian C Member Since: Jun 27, 2019
77 of 2,824

I am not understanding what equipment I need in order to verify.  

I have gleaned from the articles that I need a webcam and mic for the video interview.  I will have to buy one.

What do I need to transmit my driver's license to you?  Do I just give you the number and you access it from the state, or is there some procedure like taking a picture?  I don't have a cell phone, but my wife does.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
78 of 2,824

Hi Brian, Karen, 

You may read more about how to complete the ID Verification process in this help article

If you do not have an available webcam and mic for the interview, you can initiate the chat, and let the team know so that they can share more information on how you can complete the video verification call. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Christopher H Member Since: Nov 3, 2017
79 of 2,824

So how do people without webcams or microphones verify their account?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
80 of 2,824

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out. A video chat is required and in the scenario you mentioned a freelancer will need to have access to a device with a webcam, in order to complete the process. You can read more about the process and supported browsers for video verification in this Help article.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS