Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Conference Video Call on Upwork Desktop Application

Highlighted
Jerome S Member Since: May 26, 2020
41 of 98

Hi all,

I am relatively new to Upwork. A potential client has asked me to have a 3-person video call. How does one do this with the Upwork desktop application?

Cheers, thanks!

Jerome Smith

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
42 of 98

Hi Jerome,

Yes, this feature is available. Please check this help article for more information. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Jerome S Member Since: May 26, 2020
43 of 98
Hi , thank you for your help.

Actually, I had already read the help article but it is not applicable to me as I have no contract room. I am asking how to set up a video call with a potential client who has not hired me yet.

Thanks in advance!

Jerome
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
44 of 98

Hi Jerome,

If you have an interview room in Messages (the client accepted your proposal or you have accepted their invite,) you can have a Voice/Video call with them via Messages even if you don't have a contract yet. You can have a call with multiple people as long as they've joined/been added to that Message room.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
45 of 98

Kalon G wrote:

Does the upwork video system, for when speaking with clients, have the ability to set up a virtual background without requiring a green screen, for example by being able to upload a photo that will become the background (like zoom permits)?

Zoom does this and it's wonderful. I used it for years until I finally got a decent meeting backgroup (a real life one, even, yes!).

It's also nice (I'm old) that Zoom has that "clear up your face" function.

Highlighted
Aladdin A Member Since: May 5, 2017
46 of 98

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
47 of 98

re: new TOS update and the CURRENT Meeting Functions

Please have a team put up a series of troubleshooting guides so that our poor clients do not have to deal with support for 4 days, thereby holding up the hiring pricess.

Highlighted
Community Guru
48 of 98

All users need a way to test the audio / video functionality OUTSIDE of a meeting. New users will need this for sure. I myself have a plethora of devices for meetings, and I have no idea which ones work on Upwork, and which don't. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
49 of 98

Hi Pandora,

Thanks for your suggestions for a way to test and access more information about how to use the Voice/Video feature. I've already shared them with the team for their consideration. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
50 of 98

Valeria, this is a second for Pandora's request. Having a test call function is really core functionality for a video call app—I've never seen one without that ability.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS