Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Improvements to Voice/Video Call Feature in Upwork Messages

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
51 of 107

Wes C wrote:

Valeria, this is a second for Pandora's request. Having a test call function is really core functionality for a video call app—I've never seen one without that ability.

Your darn tooting right you havent. There is a reason for that..less support staff needed.

hint, hint

Highlighted
Community Guru
52 of 107

The page all you Mod's have been sending about how this works is missing a key piece of info...

HOW THE SCREENSHARE FUNCTIONS

I want to know:

1. In general, what can be shared. 
  2. If shared on a browser tab, how does one share another tab?
  3. Can we share our computer screen (for people that need to demonstrate software)
  4. Are there any screenshare permissions? and if so, what are they?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
53 of 107

System failed again.  Tried to have an exploratory conversation with a potential client this morning ... and NO sound.  So, typing away, we agreed to move to Skype. 

Gee, their system works just fine.  And potential client converted to paying client.

Another lesson in why U. urgently needs to improve the communications systems .....

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
54 of 107

Wendy C wrote:

System failed again.  Tried to have an exploratory conversation with a potential client this morning ... and NO sound.  So, typing away, we agreed to move to Skype. 

Gee, their system works just fine.  And potential client converted to paying client.

Another lesson in why U. urgently needs to improve the communications systems .....

Or to remember that communications is not their business and  let us use the tools of other businesses who specialize in communciations? 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
55 of 107

Hi Pandora,

1. You can share your projects/portfolio items with your client.

2. When you click on the screenshare option, you'll be asked if you want to share a specific window or the entire screen.

3. Yes.

4. Your browser will need to have permission to access your microphone and/or webcam. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
April B Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
56 of 107

In light of the latest policy change I did an interview today using the video call option upwork provide.
Loaded faster than before, but VERY poor video quality... sound was ok but screensharing kept glitching too.
Will try again for next interview scheduled tomorrow... if you can't be as good as zoom please at least rival skype if you need us to abide by these rules and still get the job. Pretty sure I didnt get the job today because of it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
57 of 107

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Pandora,

1. You can share your projects/portfolio items with your client.

2. When you click on the screenshare option, you'll be asked if you want to share a specific window or the entire screen.

3. Yes.

4. Your browser will need to have permission to access your microphone and/or webcam. 

Thank you.

#4 - Permissions. I did not ask about browser permissions. I asked about screensharing permissions. Let me lay this out for you with 2 examples.

1. Client shares a web tool they use in the business. Contracter wants to share a site they hand a hand in building. How does this switch happen. 
  2. Client does not want the contractor to share their screen. Is there a way to block a user from screensharing?

Highlighted
Community Guru
58 of 107

Question (which has been asked by many people in several threads)

What will happen to client and contractor when they can't connect they way they need to using the Upwork Tools. Are both parties going to be banned because they went to Zoom or Skype because the call features were not working?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
59 of 107
What about remote control, like Teamviewer? Then we could do everything through Upwork.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
60 of 107

Hi Filip,

Thanks for the question. I can confirm the remote control functionality isn't on our immediate road map but we have shared your suggestion with our team. Thank you!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS