Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Improvements to Voice/Video Call Feature in Upwork Messages

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
April B Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
61 of 96

I'm sure this has already been asked but I cant seem to find any matching results.
Potential clients that use the app can't call on mobile, is that correct?
Also the same on the freelancer app? 
I cant find teh call function on the mobile app so am having to direct them to login via the browser... is this functionality going to be enabled BEFORE the new rules come in to place? Pretty counter productive.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
62 of 96

Hi April,

Thanks for the question. While mobile calls are not supported at this time, we do plan to implement this option very soon. I moved your post to this announcement thread so you could track our updates and also share your experience with using the call feature. Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
63 of 96

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi April,

Thanks for the question. While mobile calls are not supported at this time, we do plan to implement this option very soon. I moved your post to this announcement thread so you could track our updates and also share your experience with using the call feature. Thank you!

This is just ridiculous. You can't foist some new requirement on us before having reliable alternatives in place. Imagine if we all said "we do plan to start following the new ToS soon." You wouldn't say (haven't said) "that's fine." You would suspend our account.

Highlighted
Christopher R Member Since: Apr 30, 2020
64 of 96

Hi

I am trying to use the call feature in Upwork, but have not been successful.

It says it can't activate my camera or microphone. Pop-ups are enabled, and I am using Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97

Can someone please advise ASAP? 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
65 of 96

Hi Christopher, 

Could you please try clicking on the lock icon in the URL in your browser window? In Site Settings, you'll see options to allow access for microphone and camera. 

Let us know if you continue experiencing issues. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
66 of 96

Christopher R wrote:

Hi

I am trying to use the call feature in Upwork, but have not been successful.

It says it can't activate my camera or microphone. Pop-ups are enabled, and I am using Google Chrome Version 83.0.4103.97

Can someone please advise ASAP? 

And it begins....

Highlighted
Irfanullah K Member Since: Jun 18, 2020
67 of 96
How you can help me?
Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
68 of 96

Hi Irfanullah,

Please share with us more information about your concern, and we'll gladly assist you with it. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Dmitriy P Member Since: Jun 19, 2020
69 of 96

Ok Valeriya! Robot wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Filip K Member Since: May 22, 2017
70 of 96

What a about the taking control (in TeamViwer fashion) over the Upwork call? Somebody asked this, but received no response, it seems.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS