Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Microphone is not connecting

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
71 of 96

Well, I dutifully tried today. I could hear potential client but client could not hear me. Upwork apparently does not offer live support on the weekend so what are we supposed to do? I searched all the help documents as well... you would think there would be some kind of troubleshooting guide? Can't hear client? Try this. Client can't hear you? Try this. Both of us on mac and able to communicate through messager and she answered the call just fine, but since she couldn't hear me she disconnected. Great system. Made me and Upwork look very professional.

Highlighted
Community Guru
72 of 96

I third Pandora's request for test functionality and also remain completely frustrated that Vladimir would specifically answer one question on the page before this, but would studiously ignore another, more pertinent one. WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN THE UPWORK CALL FEATURE DOES NOT WORK WHEN WE ARE TRYING TO CONDUCT AN INTERVIEW???

Highlighted
Community Guru
73 of 96

So I was just chatting with customer service, hours after I couldn't make a call (since there's no immediate help available), and their suggestion was for me to TRY TO CALL THE CLIENT I'M INTERVIEWING WITH to test the microphone. Have the client be our guinea pig while I try to get the Upwork voice messaging system to work. A person I'm trying to get to pay me money for a job. I can't imagine many things that I could do that would make me look much less professional than that. How can you force these new terms of service on us without making sure the video and voice messaging systems are bulletproof?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
74 of 96

Kelly:

What on Earth are you talking about?

Nobody would deploy an audio/video call system as an integral part of their system without a good test feature built in.

Obviously Upwork has this. Oh, wait... they actually DON'T have this?

The support person wasn't joking when he said you should test it out with the client?

Ah... my mistake. How embarrassing.

Highlighted
Kosiso O Member Since: May 19, 2020
75 of 96
I cannot hear clients anytime I call or they call. It's making me lose clients and I can't get to Upwork customer care, I sent an email but they didn't reply. I recently did a job for a client but he's refusing to pay. I really need Upwork to help with this. How I can get to them faster? Email or something?
Highlighted
Community Guru
76 of 96

The built-in video call/audio call system doesn't always work.

After a client has hired you, you may use ANY tool you want to use. Phone call. Skype. Zoom. GoToMeeting. Anything.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
77 of 96

Preston H wrote:

After a client has hired you, you may use ANY tool you want to use. Phone call. Skype. Zoom. GoToMeeting. Anything.

How does that help him when he can't get hired because he can't do the interview because the tool is malfunctioning?

That's like telling a starving child that once he has money he can buy all the food he can eat..

Highlighted
Community Guru
78 of 96

Petra:
The original poster refers to clients he is already working for. If he genuinely has contracts with those clients, then the correct way to handle communications is to use any method that works.

There may be two separate issues:

- The freelancer is not able to use Upwork's built-in audio/video call tool.

- The freelancer is confused about what constitutes an actual client versus a "prospective client", and may be confused about whether or not he has actually been hired.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
79 of 96

Hi Kosiso,

Could you please share the browser version you're experiencing this issue with?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
80 of 96

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Kosiso,

Could you please share the browser version you're experiencing this issue with?

Thank you!

I got this same question over and over, and my answer is .... I AM USING THE UPWORK APP ON MY DESKTOP. Why in the world does it matter what browser I use outside of that?

Also, if there's some kind of known bug with a specific browser, or just a specific set of actions we should be taking, why can't you just post that?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS