Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video Call

Highlighted
Larisa Y Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
91 of 188

Hello,
I have a problem with a video call. My client wasn't able to see me. I tried to click on the Camera Icon, restarted my computer, nothing worked. Sometimes my incoming calls have no sound, and I miss it. Please help!
It is essential when you have to educate your client to talk to them directly.
Larisa

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
92 of 188

Larisa:
If you have already been hired by this client, then I suggest you just don't worry about this.

Use Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, FaceTime or anything else that you and the client feel like using.

You tried a tool that didn't work for you, and you aren't required to use that tool with actual clients. So there's really no reason for you to try to sort out issues with Upwork's built-in tool.

Highlighted
93 of 188
Thank you>
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
94 of 188

Hi Larisa,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Please check the tips shared in this Help article in case the issues you experienced are related to permissions issue with your camera and microphone settings.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
95 of 188
Yes, I looked. Didn’t helpSmiley Sad
Thank you.
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
96 of 188

I'm sorry to hear that, Larisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with these issues. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Bill H Member Since: Aug 18, 2017
97 of 188

I tried it several times about two years ago, as a client, and it was pretty worthless. I was invited to interview for a strategy piece, so I responded and we had a session last night. You might notice I didn't say we had a video chat.

In as few words as possible, it sucks. The audio went out repeatedly. The connection dropped randomly. My own camera, which works well with other video chat applications, looked like a scene from a Stephen King novel. The only part of the application that seemed to work properly was the disconnect button, which I used with joy.

We may not use anything but the platform to communicate with vendors or clients, and the platform is, charitably, unreliable. I'm fairly sure we're not alowed to use ESP, so what does UW suggest?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
98 of 188

Hi Bill,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing. I shared the problems with the rest of the team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further and investigate the issue.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
James G Member Since: Aug 12, 2020
99 of 188

I am not new to upwork, only the call system which we have been recently forced to used. I do not see how to enlarge a shared screen to full screen. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 if that matters. Now I'm trying to deal with the impossibly tiny screen which occupies less that 1/6th of my screen makes it impractical for the contractor to show me what is on his screen. I click on the icon in the upper left of the screen hoping I will be able to see the contractors screen at my full screen size, but it only gets ridiculously tiny. The contractor had no idea how to make the view full screen. I even shared my screen with him but he could not see how to make my view full screen although he evidentally had the capability. I understand only recently Upwork banned us from meeting on Skype or Hangouts. I hope there is a way to expand the screen sharing full screen otherwise they are asking your customers to do the impossible, particularly when immediate feedback to the provider is required for our job.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
100 of 188

Hi James,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Just to confirm are you clicking on this icon below:

shared screen.PNG

To minimize and make it a full screen? Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS