Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to Voice/Video Call Feature in Upwork Messages

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
181 of 193

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had while trying to have a video call with your client. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rahul B Member Since: Jun 5, 2019
182 of 193

I accidentally blocked Upwork mic and camera before a call but now I am unable to unblock it.

How can I unblock it? 

Can I block camera and have just a voice call?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
183 of 193

Hi Rahul,

You can check the tips shared in this help article in order to set up your audio and video permissions. Afterward, you can use this tool that can help see if your system and all the permissions are set up correctly. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rahul B Member Since: Jun 5, 2019
184 of 193

I am still unable to unblock it, Can I use Skype?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
185 of 193

Hi Rahul,

Taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service.

You should be able to unblock the microphone settings. As this is a browser dependant, I suggest you try unblocking again or use a different browser.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Vipul N Member Since: Sep 15, 2019
186 of 193

I had trouble connecting wireless headphones (with micrphone) while getting on a call with a client earlier today. We tried several times but even though my device showe up on the recognized devices list, I couldn't hear the client's voice. The same setup worked flawlessly yesterday with another client. 

I have also tried using the headphones with other things like music and tested them online with websites to test sound and microphone. 

Here's the kick: I tried chatting with "Data" to get human support to resolve this and it somehow initiated a video verification process for me saying "Ensure you have a working camera and microphone" and that I should expect an email regarding the same. 

Not sure how to proceed. :/

Highlighted
187 of 193

Hi Vipul,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this caused. You can use this tool that can help diagnose the issue during the call. It'll help see if your system and all the permissions are set up correctly. You can also check the tips shared in this help article in order to set up your audio and video permissions

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
188 of 193

Hi Rhobie Ann,

It is not actually possible to leave something like a voicemail through Upwork Messages. You might want to check this help article for the features you can use. We'll send this as a feedback to the team for their consideration.

I'd also like to remind you that all communication pre-contract must happen within the Upwork platform, taking communications off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Micheline R Member Since: Oct 20, 2020
189 of 193

the client can't hear my voice whenever we attempt to have a video call, but I can hear him, I tested my mic, and it's working. What shall I do?

Highlighted
190 of 193

Hi Micheline,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this caused. You can use this tool that can help diagnose the issue during the call. It'll help see if your system and all the permissions are set up correctly. You can also check the tips shared in this help article in order to set up your audio and video permissions

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS