Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to Voice/Video Call Feature in Upwork Messages

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
191 of 198

Hi Micheline,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this caused. You can use this tool that can help diagnose the issue during the call. It'll help see if your system and all the permissions are set up correctly. You can also check the tips shared in this help article in order to set up your audio and video permissions

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
m_refugia
Micheline R Member Since: Oct 20, 2020
192 of 198

Hi Bojan,

I clicked the "this tool" link, 2 items were asked me to "allow or block", and I chose "allow". All check items displayed at "Twilio Network Test" have passed.

Hopefully, the video call will become successful in the next interview.

Thank you.

Micheline

bie_sharma
Rhobie Ann D Member Since: Jan 12, 2020
193 of 198
Hi. My client is requesting me to call and leave a voicemail. But I cannot find option for voicemail. Is there any option? Thanks.
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
194 of 198

Hi Rhobie Ann,

As a follow up on the information Luiggi provided, I had a look at the request you received and would like to strongly advise you to disregard it. Please note that all conversations before a contract is started must be through Upwork Messages, where you can send messages and have voice/video calls with clients. Please see this article for more information about sharing of contact and other information.

As a new freelancer on Upwork, I'd strongly suggest reviewing the resources we shared here and here. Feel free to follow up here if you have any questions or need advice!

Untitled
66ecf5bc
Ace Contributor
Naheed M Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
195 of 198

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for this great update. The users were finding issues with the video or voice call quality. Thanks, you noticed and improved it further.

Looking forward to testing it.

Thanks.

Naheedmir

tanya_durs
Tatiana E Member Since: Dec 9, 2020
196 of 198

Hello, can I make a video call using iPad?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
197 of 198

Are you asking if an iPad has the ability to make a video call?
Yes.

An iPad has built-in software, such as FaceTime. An iPad can also use third-party applications to do video calls, such as Skype and Zoom.

Are you asking if Upwork allows you to use an iPad to make video calls with clients and freelancers?
The answer is yes.

As long as a freelancer has been hired using an official Upwork contract, the freelancer may communicate with a client using any communication method that they like.

Are you asking if an Upwork user can use the Upwork iOS application to make a video call?
I don't know. I consider the iOS Upwork app more of a "toy" than anything else. I do not assume that it has the same functionality as the full-featured desktop version of the Upwork time-tracker app OR the desktop version of the Upwork website.

I am an extremely frequent user of both Upwork and an iPad. But I do NOT use the Upwork app for iPad.

Maybe somebody else has tried this.

msb_311081
Madhusudan B Member Since: Aug 1, 2018
198 of 198

I think it is sound good