Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS Certificate Enquiry

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
411 of 452

Hi Anshul, Pratik and everyone,

As an update, amendment for transactions made from October - December 2020 was submitted early September and January - March 2021 amendment will be submitted in the coming days. Once the revised information is processed by the India tax office, information will be available to you via TRACE portal and/or revised 16A can be requested from Upwork.

Regarding the September 30th tax deadline, tax filing due date some of you have mentioned, please note that the due date has been extended. Please check the following two articles,

here and here.

Untitled
bansalritesh18
Ritesh B Member Since: May 21, 2017
412 of 452

Hi team,

Since Upwork is deducting TDS on income, just want to know how can I download the TDS certificate from Upwork?

If I add my PAN or Aadhar number to Upwork, will I be able to download the certificate?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Ritesh

nitinsharma91
Ace Contributor
Nitin Kumar S Member Since: Jun 9, 2014
413 of 452

Hi Ritesh! I don't think Upwork has launched any mechanism to download TDS certificate. However, you should be able to get all the tax deducted details from Form 26AS on TRACES portal, once it's submitted to the relevant authorities by deductor (in this case Upwork)

vipunit
Gurcharan S Member Since: Mar 3, 2021
414 of 452

I have asked @UPWORK for the TDS certificates, as per Indian IT norms, TDS deducted should be deposited to IT department quarterly, but its been almost a year and there is no Tax credit in Traces. Moreover we can't add it manually as applicable forex would be different and income earned would be diff, so it kind of tricky situation here.

nayan-patel
Nayankumar P Member Since: May 22, 2021
415 of 452

Is there any progress on TDS front from Upwork? Since I am not able to find any TDS credit on my TRACE account. Even for the October-December 2020 quater.

vipunit
416 of 452
Hi, thank you for your message, my tds is updated now, till march 2021
vipunit
417 of 452

I think UPwork doesn't report tds quarterly, my tds reflected on traces for full year ending march 2021

ruchikchauhan
Ruchik C Member Since: Sep 28, 2017
418 of 452

Hi Gurcharan, how did you contact Upwork?

vipunit
419 of 452
kirti-umrigar
Kirti U Member Since: Jun 13, 2016
420 of 452

Can you tell me more about TRACES? where can i find it? should i have to create an account somwehere?

Thanks.