cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Indian Tax Filing

aradhanadalai
Aradhana D Member Since: Jul 30, 2018
341 of 448

Will Upwork provide Form 16 for Indian Tax filing? If yes, how do you get it?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
342 of 448

Hi Aradhana,

Rest assured, we will issue Form 16A to you. However, delays have occurred due to unclear filing instructions and limited guidance from our accounting partners in India. We know this information is critical to you and we are sorry for the delay. We will update you via email as soon as we know more. Please know that all funds withheld have been remitted to the Indian government; the delay has been in the reporting and allocation of those funds on an individual-user basis.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aradhanadalai
343 of 448

Thank You! This was very helpful Smiley Happy

Just to clarify one more point, it is an annual document that will be issued only once, right? I read another blog post where it was mentioned about quarterly 16A, so got confused.

Regards,

Aradhana D

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
344 of 448

Hi Aradhana,

The 16A form is issued each quarter. I suggest checking out this help article to learn more about this. I'll also merge your post in the announcement thread where you can find more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
inoactiv
Ace Contributor
Angad S Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
345 of 448

Hey Everyone,

Is any one able to to see Form 26a TDS deduction from upwork in Traces by now?

I am not able to see TDS for Oct-Dec 2020 and even no TDS for Jan-Mar 2020 in traces. 

As I read some people have said in this post that they are able to see TDS in traces by Upwork. However how is it possible that some people are able to see while others are not?

Can someone explain please.

aradhanadalai
346 of 448

Hi Angad,

I am a beginner freelancer. I have seen many discussions on this forum related to Traces. Can you tell me what is that and where can I find it?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
347 of 448

Hi Aradhana,

Could you please share more information about your question so that I can advise you accordingly? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mana_07
Ace Contributor
Sukhjinder K Member Since: Mar 25, 2020
348 of 448

When can Indian freelancers receive their Tax forms? As its already very much detailed, so any expected time? 

prakashbask
Prakash B Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
349 of 448

Today I looked at my Form 26AS. It shows entries only for Oct-Dec 2020. TDS details from Jan 21 - Mar 21 are missing. When will this be updated? We are blocked and unable to file our returns

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
350 of 448

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for contacting Upwork. We truly appreciate your patience, as we recognize how critical it is for you to have necessary tax documents in a timely manner. As a result of COVID-19, there have been significant delays in processing the 16A forms needed, but we are working closely with the India Government to obtain these as soon as possible. You will receive an alert as soon as your documents are processed. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Nikola

Untitled