Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Indian Tax info

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
331 of 448

Hi Keval,

I would like to clarify that we cannot refund the charges prior to adding PAN. 1% charge will only be applied after you have added your PAN. For the 5% charges, I would recommend reaching out to a local expert that can advise you accordingly on how you claim them back. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
karmicdice
Keval D Member Since: Jun 3, 2021
332 of 448

Thank you Goran.

I just got off the call with my accountant, he said that I will need a reference of some kind - preferrably tds certificate so that gov can map who has tax withheld.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
333 of 448

Hi Keval,

You can download your invoice at any time by going to Reports > Transaction > click on the Ref ID > View Invoice. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vdsramguptakandu
V D S Ram Gupta K Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
334 of 448

Hi Team,

I still did not see any deposit of TDS in my Traces for last quater. Will it take more time to resolve the issue ?

Thanks,

skumard
Siva K Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
335 of 448

What is TAN of Upwork to check the details in TRACES?

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
336 of 448

Hello Siva,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Untitled
galaxysoftware
Anupam G Member Since: Mar 31, 2017
337 of 448

There you go..

TAN number: DELU07765C

mastervaibhav
Vaibhav J Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
338 of 448

Did you find the answer how to claim the with held tax charged 5% before updating the PAN?

stark3196
Vivek P Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
339 of 448

My TDS details for Quarter October–December 2020 have not been reflected in my Form 16A yet. As I received an email on 13th March from Upwork that it will be done around April month. Also, can you please let me know when will TDS details for Quarter January–March 2021 be reflected in Form 16A?

I can understand that this is the first time Upwork is handling TDS so it got delayed. I just wanted to know the status.

Thanks in advance for your help.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
340 of 448

Hi Vivek,

We had hoped to have the tax information available by the expected date, but delays have occurred due to unclear filing instructions and limited guidance from our accounting partners in India. We know this information is critical to you and we are sorry for the delay. We will update you via email as soon as we know more. Please know that all funds withheld have been remitted to the Indian government; the delay has been in the reporting and allocation of those funds on an individual-user basis. We should have this matter resolved before the end of the Indian tax year, so you should not incur any penalties from the delayed issuance of the form 16As.

~Andrea
Upwork