Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TDS not showing in TRACES

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
401 of 453

Hi Harsh,

Thank you for updating your tax information. We will submit one-time corrections to the Income Tax Department in early September.

~ Nikola

Untitled
rohit_db
Rohit S Member Since: May 27, 2018
402 of 453
I am an Indian freelancer. From last October upwork is deducting WHT. But I updated Adhaar instead of PAN. So the TDS is not showing on TRACES.
What do to now?
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
403 of 453

Hi Rohit,

If you previously provided your Aadhaar number to Upwork, your transactions could not be reported to the Indian tax authorities. We highly recommend that you provide your PAN under Settings> Tax Information in your account so that we can submit your transactions to tax authorities. We will submit one-time corrections to the Income Tax Department in early September. Please make sure to follow the steps from the recent email you've received about it from Upwork in order to ensure you've completed your tax information correctly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
rohit_db
Rohit S Member Since: May 27, 2018
404 of 453
Thank you Valeria!!
priyankrawat
Priyank R Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
405 of 453
Hi, I've updated my PAN number instead of my AADHAAR number. Now all WHT records will be updated in traces? Also you mentioned that we are supposed to add our PAN and not AADHAAR, so why other moderators are saying that AADHAAR number is also fine?
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
406 of 453

Hi Priyank,

Priyank R wrote:
I've updated my PAN number instead of my AADHAAR number. Now all WHT records will be updated in traces?

Thank you for updating your tax information. We will submit one-time corrections to the Income Tax Department in early September.

Also you mentioned that we are supposed to add our PAN and not AADHAAR, so why other moderators are saying that AADHAAR number is also fine?

Regarding the PAN vs Aadhaar question, here's the clarification we shared in the recent email - "As per Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Notification No. 95, dated 6 November 2019, it was provided that Form 26Q (i.e., the statutory form for filing TDS statements for payments to Indian residents) is to be modified to include an “Aadhaar” field. However, as of today, Form 26Q has not been updated to include Aadhaar. If you previously provided your Aadhaar number to Upwork, your transactions could not be reported to the Indian tax authorities. We highly recommend that you provide your PAN so that we can submit your transactions to tax authorities."

Untitled
priyankrawat
407 of 453
Thanks for the followup @Vladimir G. So, this means after updating my tax info with PAN, I'm good to go now? All of my previous WHT records will be updated in the traces on their own or do I have to fill some form regarding this? Also I didn't receive any email related to PAN vs AADHAAR clarification.
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
408 of 453

Hi Priyank,

Thanks for the follow-up. As long as the correct tax information is added to your Upwork account you don't need to take any other action at the moment. After the corrections in early September, you'll be able to check and confirm if the tax information you uploaded recently to your Upwork account is reflected correctly in TRACES.

Regarding the recently sent email notification, could you please check your inbox and spam folder for the email titled "India TDS (Form 26AS) update - Action required" and let me know if see it?

Untitled
priyankrawat
409 of 453
Ahhhh! The email was in the spam folder. Thanks @Vladimir G. for all the information and clearing my doubts.
manshul
Anshul T Member Since: Sep 7, 2018
410 of 453

Hi there,

I have updated my tax information from Aadhar to PAN number before August 15 as suggested, but its september 14 and still Traces form doesn't show my TDS deducted by Upwork. The last date to file for income tax is 30 sept. please help.