141 of 170

Please tell me any one why upwork start charge WHT fees

**Edited for community guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
142 of 170

Kiran B wrote:
Please tell me any one why upwork start charge WHT fees

Because you haven't given them the correct and complete tax details? Read more about it here

Shipra M Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
143 of 170

Where to upload Pancard to decrease TDS hold amount.
I have received a notification on Upwork that I need to submit a pan card to reduce the TDS amount hold but I am not sure where to upload it?

Also, can we use Upwork on multiple computers?

I sometimes sit in my coworking space and some time at the home and I use laptop and desktop sometimes at multiple places. Can I use Upwork on multiple devices or it could be an issue due to an IP change?

Please reply...

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
144 of 170

Hi Shipra,

You can enter your PAN or Aadhaar number in the “Tax Info” section under “Settings.”

You are allowed to use multiple computers/laptops or IPs to work from as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Shipra M Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
145 of 170

Hey Bojan S,

I hope you are doing great.

Can you please tell me if there any option where I can see how much amount is on hold for TDS after submitting the pan card detail?

Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
146 of 170

Hi Shipra,

Thanks for your question. The amount of tax we are required to withhold is dependent upon whether or not you have a valid PAN or Aadhaar number on file with Upwork:  

• For Upwork users that have a PAN or Aadhaar on file, we are required to withhold 0.75% of client payments to users. 
  • For Upwork users that do not have a PAN or Aadhaar on file, we are required to withhold 5.0% of client payments to users.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
Jatinder K Member Since: Mar 3, 2015
147 of 170

How to Claim TDS by showing income from foreign source?

Sambhu S Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
148 of 170
Payment 5% was deducted from my last project eventhough i have updated the PAN details
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
149 of 170

Hi Sambhu,

Since the transaction in question appears to had happened before the PAN number was added to your account, a 5% rate has been applied. We are required to forward any tax we collect from our users to the Indian government. Going forward you should see the tax being withheld at a 0.75% rate.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Keyur P Member Since: Nov 11, 2020
150 of 170

Hi All ,

For example, today on 11th Nov i received a payment , upwork has deducted the TDS from the payment and shown in USD to agency transaction history.

For Upwork quarterly statement which they will issue to calculate quarterly TDS amount , that TDS will be calculated in INR based on USD to INR rate as on 11th Nov? OR the rate while making the accumulated statement at the end of the quarter?

Please help.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS