Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian TDS Tax Withholding on Upwork Earnings

galaxysoftware
Anupam G Member Since: Mar 31, 2017
361 of 448

Hi,

I have provided PAN for tax information and the name on it is an exact match to the upwork records.

Ironically I still am waiting for any updates to be reflected on TRACES.

I'm using same details to file my ITR for last 10 years, so what is upwork's excuse in my case?

Thanks

76681f54
Kartik J Member Since: Jan 17, 2020
362 of 448
I haven't received Form 16A till now and the tax amount withholding is not seen in 26AS TRACES

When will Upwork issue form 16A or reflect in 26AS
sajeeth35
Sajeeth M Member Since: Dec 5, 2020
363 of 448

Dear Upwork Team,

Request for  Form 16A Document for E-filing in India.  I got  an email from Upwork on 12-Mar-2021  regarding  the Form 16a Document there is some Transfering issues, will be rectified in june 2021 month for 2020-2021 quarters and the updated files will be reflected in  Traces. 

When i pull out the  Form26as document from Traces, i could see some mismatch information. Request to Please check the amount  credited and Tax deducted details and send me the  updated form16a document for my e filing. Kindly do the needful.

Regards,

M.Sajeeth

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
364 of 448

Hi Sajeeth,

We truly appreciate your patience, as we recognize how critical it is for you to have necessary tax documents in a timely manner. As a result of COVID-19, there have been significant delays in processing the 16A forms needed, but we are working closely with the India Government to obtain these as soon as possible. You will receive an alert as soon as your documents are processed. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

~ Goran
Upwork
rohetgoel
Rohit G Member Since: Dec 27, 2017
365 of 448

I don't understand what are you guys doing, it's just a simple return with very simple information, I don't why are you guys having such a hard time.

you have mentioned on URL https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044709894-Indian-Tax-Deducted-at-Source-TDS-or-Withh...

Form 16A for October–December 2020 –– We expect to email the form to you in April, and your transaction details for that quarter should be visible in TRACES around the same time.

Form 16A for January–March 2021 –– It should arrive on schedule in May and you should be able to view details in TRACES in June"

We are unable to view tax credits for the period of Form 16A for October–December 2020, which was due in April, As stated by upwork. However, as of 17th May 2021, we haven't received any update from you guys. It's like Upwork is only worried about his commission and fees, they are least worried about the various freelancers working on their platform.

sajeeth35
Sajeeth M Member Since: Dec 5, 2020
366 of 448

Hi Goran, Thank you for the updates..

I Would like to know  when i can get this Update. I could see some mistake in my Traces Form 26as document from Upwork Earning. Kindly give me some  approximate date and time. So it will be helpful to Plan accordingly with my Auditor.

Thanks for Understanding,

Regards,

M.Sajeeth

anshulrastogi
Anshul R Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
367 of 448

Hi Upwork,

I would like to know that where is my withholding tax going? I'm paying it every week since Oct 2020 and it is nowhere recorded at government TRACES portal.

As per this article it says that Upwork will submit these taxes to Indian government and we can view the data in TRACES, but nothing is available on TRACES..!! 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044709894-Indian-Tax-Deducted-at-Source-TDS-or-Withh...

Now we Indians have to file our Income Taxes by July 31st (last date) for FY 2020-21 and no data from you guys is available in the TRACES..! 

This simply means that you have deducted false amount from us on the name of WHT Taxes. You haven't issued any Form 16A yet and no information available from your side. Your support executives  doesn't know much information about such cases..!

Kindly suggest when you are issuing Form 16A and filling up WHT tax data with Indian Government on Traces portal?

Thank you

Anshul

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
368 of 448

Hi Anshul,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
anshulrastogi
Anshul R Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
369 of 448

Hi Joanne,

Yes I tried to find what's happening and where is Form 16A and withholding tax data on TRACES webiste. I can't find any such information updated from upwork. So I reached customer care and they also do not have any updates that when the information is available.

Now we are nearing to file our income taxes by the end of July month and need this tax deduction amount and form 16A. If it's not filled by Upwork, it simply means misleading deductions from upwork side and these deductions should be paid back.

Can you let me know when can I expect my form 16A and my WHT taxes data filled by Upwork on Traces website?

reshma-b
Ace Contributor
Reshma B Member Since: Jan 9, 2018
370 of 448

Hello,

I would also like to know the same. I have not yet received my Form 16A for the period Oct 20 to Dec 20. Secondly, income credited and tax deducted details for Jan 21 to Mar 21 are not visible 26AS Form in TRACES Income tax portal.

Kindly update on the above.

Regards,

Reshma