Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian TDS Tax Withholding on Upwork Earnings

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
331 of 374

Hello Siva,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Untitled
galaxysoftware
Anupam G Member Since: Mar 31, 2017
332 of 374

There you go..

TAN number: DELU07765C

stark3196
Vivek P Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
333 of 374

My TDS details for Quarter October–December 2020 have not been reflected in my Form 16A yet. As I received an email on 13th March from Upwork that it will be done around April month. Also, can you please let me know when will TDS details for Quarter January–March 2021 be reflected in Form 16A?

I can understand that this is the first time Upwork is handling TDS so it got delayed. I just wanted to know the status.

Thanks in advance for your help.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
334 of 374

Hi Vivek,

We had hoped to have the tax information available by the expected date, but delays have occurred due to unclear filing instructions and limited guidance from our accounting partners in India. We know this information is critical to you and we are sorry for the delay. We will update you via email as soon as we know more. Please know that all funds withheld have been remitted to the Indian government; the delay has been in the reporting and allocation of those funds on an individual-user basis. We should have this matter resolved before the end of the Indian tax year, so you should not incur any penalties from the delayed issuance of the form 16As.

~Andrea
Upwork
aradhanadalai
Aradhana D Member Since: Jul 30, 2018
335 of 374

Will Upwork provide Form 16 for Indian Tax filing? If yes, how do you get it?

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
336 of 374

Hi Aradhana,

Rest assured, we will issue Form 16A to you. However, delays have occurred due to unclear filing instructions and limited guidance from our accounting partners in India. We know this information is critical to you and we are sorry for the delay. We will update you via email as soon as we know more. Please know that all funds withheld have been remitted to the Indian government; the delay has been in the reporting and allocation of those funds on an individual-user basis.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aradhanadalai
337 of 374

Thank You! This was very helpful Smiley Happy

Just to clarify one more point, it is an annual document that will be issued only once, right? I read another blog post where it was mentioned about quarterly 16A, so got confused.

Regards,

Aradhana D

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
338 of 374

Hi Aradhana,

The 16A form is issued each quarter. I suggest checking out this help article to learn more about this. I'll also merge your post in the announcement thread where you can find more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
inoactiv
Ace Contributor
Angad S Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
339 of 374

Hey Everyone,

Is any one able to to see Form 26a TDS deduction from upwork in Traces by now?

I am not able to see TDS for Oct-Dec 2020 and even no TDS for Jan-Mar 2020 in traces. 

As I read some people have said in this post that they are able to see TDS in traces by Upwork. However how is it possible that some people are able to see while others are not?

Can someone explain please.

aradhanadalai
340 of 374

Hi Angad,

I am a beginner freelancer. I have seen many discussions on this forum related to Traces. Can you tell me what is that and where can I find it?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS