Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian TDS Tax Withholding on Upwork Earnings

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
371 of 452

Hi Anshul,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
anshulrastogi
Anshul R Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
372 of 452

Hi Joanne,

Yes I tried to find what's happening and where is Form 16A and withholding tax data on TRACES webiste. I can't find any such information updated from upwork. So I reached customer care and they also do not have any updates that when the information is available.

Now we are nearing to file our income taxes by the end of July month and need this tax deduction amount and form 16A. If it's not filled by Upwork, it simply means misleading deductions from upwork side and these deductions should be paid back.

Can you let me know when can I expect my form 16A and my WHT taxes data filled by Upwork on Traces website?

reshma-b
Ace Contributor
Reshma B Member Since: Jan 9, 2018
373 of 452

Hello,

I would also like to know the same. I have not yet received my Form 16A for the period Oct 20 to Dec 20. Secondly, income credited and tax deducted details for Jan 21 to Mar 21 are not visible 26AS Form in TRACES Income tax portal.

Kindly update on the above.

Regards,

Reshma

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
374 of 452

Hi Reshma,

We truly appreciate your patience, as we recognize how critical it is for you to have necessary tax documents in a timely manner. As a result of COVID-19, there have been significant delays in processing the 16A forms needed, but we are working closely with the India Government to obtain these as soon as possible. You will receive an alert as soon as your documents are processed. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. 

~ Goran
Upwork
mobilyzz-sanjay
Ace Contributor
Aniruddh J Member Since: Mar 29, 2016
375 of 452

Guys, chop-chop. The deadline is approaching, and it has been so much time already. 

mobilyzz-sanjay
Ace Contributor
376 of 452

Anything yet?

mobilyzz-sanjay
Ace Contributor
377 of 452

Alright, it looks like Upwork has finally filed Jan 2021 - Mar 2021 quarter data.  I can see my data on TRACES. 

Thank you, Upwork. Just waiting for the issuance of form 16A, and then I'll go ahead and file my ITR. 

nabhassy
Ace Contributor
Anil C Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
378 of 452

Yes, It seems like upwork has filed it on 20 July 2021.

I can see it on Form 26AS and the amounts are correct.

Since it is shown in Form 26AS we can file returns using that data.

Form 16 A is just a formality.

vinod111
Community Leader
Vinod M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
379 of 452

Hello,

We will need to file the ITR for FY 20-21 and for which we need a form 16 from Upwork to know the details about TDS. Are there any updates on when we will receive this?

Please let me know if it's already shared and where to find this on the Upwork website.

Thanks,

Vinod

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
380 of 452

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for contacting Upwork. We truly appreciate your patience, as we recognize how critical it is for you to have necessary tax documents in a timely manner. As a result of COVID-19, there have been significant delays in processing the 16A forms needed, but we are working closely with the India Government to obtain these as soon as possible.

Upwork has submitted taxes on transactions made from January through March 2021 to the government on 15 July 2021. (please visit TRACES). This year has been a challenging transition year for Upwork to address TDS requirements in India. We appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this transition. Please check TDS records on TRACES to confirm that the taxes withheld by Upwork have been properly credited to the account associated with the PAN you provided to us.

You will receive an alert as soon as the documents are processed. Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS