cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight on how Job Success Score is calculated

yardyclyde
Clyde G Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
301 of 317
I have a very small story. I went from 100 to 79 in 6 weeks. I don't know what these guys are doing
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
302 of 317

@Clyde G wrote:
I have a very small story. I went from 100 to 79 in 6 weeks. I don't know what these guys are doing

You have many jobs with no feedback, and a few with less than 5 stars (including one *terrible* one). You need to work on your client management to reduce the number of jobs you have end with no feedback.

rony-3
Mohammed A Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
303 of 317

Well, I think it's not logical to take a 5 stars rating and the client gave me a bad rate in the private feedback, so why my rate score goes down even I had a good feedback, I feel that it's a blind system that takes only negative rates in consideration! 

Please rethink about that JSS system!

andyabreum
Ace Contributor
Andy A Member Since: May 12, 2017
304 of 317
I have a question,

I have a contract paused because of the client (payment not verified) can that contract ruin my JSS?
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
305 of 317

Hi Andy, 

Only a pattern of idle contracts will affect your Job Success Score negatively. If your client is able to fix this issue within the next few days, this will not be a problem. 

-Avery
Untitled
morshalin_s
Morshalin S Member Since: Jul 11, 2017
306 of 317

Hi,

I was searching for an answer to this question if no-feedback has an effect on job success score. What I have found so far is enough. Additionally, I want to know if no-feedback outcome without receiving any earning in that contract counts into job success score or not. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Morshalin

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
307 of 317

Hi Morshalin,

All contracts you've had in the past two years are included in your Job Success Score calculation, including ones with no payment. However, depending on the outcome of your other contracts, one or two of these contracts won't affect your score.

Untitled
negyptconsulting
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Ahmad A Member Since: Jan 27, 2017
308 of 317

Hi Vladimir,

Do you mean that 3 or 4 contracts without payment would affect my JSS? If yes, how?

I mean can such contracts affect JSS negatively (assuming client didn't mark anything negative against a freelancer)?

Looking to hear from you. Thank you very much.

cyberseo
Dheeraj S Member Since: May 20, 2017
309 of 317

My JSS has affected my reputation badly. No one is chosing me as it is 63%. It is actually a bug at UPwork. I never done anything bad here. I have worked long hours for pennies just to improve my score and still nothing happening.

UPwork actually suspended my account once and after that it is not updating. When I contacted them they keep saying one of my clinet gave bad private feedback. I doubt it as all of my clinets I have contacted said no one done that.So it is pretty much a bug nothing else. You should STOP uisng such buggy piece of code to use on your website. It hurts freelancers who pays you big money.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
310 of 317

Hi Dheeraj, 

Your Job Success score is updated every two weeks, and it’s important to note any movement in this score (either up or down) reflects both recent activity and activity over a longer period of time. Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window.

You may read more about how the Job Success Score is calculated here

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS