Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight on how Job Success Score is calculated

Jonathan R Member Since: Mar 6, 2018
311 of 314

Avery,

I quote Moderator Vladimir G

04/03/2017

"In addition to the 6-month window, Job Success Score is also calculated for a 12 and 24-month period. The best score out of three windows is displayed on freelancer profiles every two weeks after the Job Success Score is updated."

But your saying there only a 24 month period.  
Please explane.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
312 of 314

Hi Jonathan,

Yes that is correct, Job success score is calculated for contracts that have been finished in the past two years.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you!

Untitled
Matthew M Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
313 of 314

Is there a way for ongoing clients to give positve feedback? I have client here on Upwork that I've worked with since Sept 2017 (approaching 6 months, just shy of 260 hours and over $14k in earnings so far). But as far as I know, they don't rate me until they stop working with me. The job continues to be ongoing, with no foreseeable end in sight. The client continues to work with me because they like my work. It'd be great if that can be conveyed to other prospective clients. This isn't a long project that simply hasn't reached the end deliverables; it's ongoing on a weekly or monthly basis. If the client didn't like my work, they'd have stopped hiring me months ago. Does this make sense? But as it stands right now, no one but my client or I knows I'm doing work they like. It seems like this is a huge miss that leaves a lot on the table.

Am I missing something, or is this an opportunity for Upwork to improve how contractor like myself are rated for Job success when we have ongoing success for months on end with the same client? I can't imagine I'm the sole contractor that has long-term client engagement through Upwork.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
314 of 314

Hello Matthew,

Unfortunately, the only way a client can give you a feedback is when either one of you decided to close the contract. If you are working on a different project but with the same client, you may ask them to close your current contract, leave you a feedback and then open a new contract for the new project. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS