cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Pay Option for US Accounts

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 52

We’re launching a new withdrawal option for US freelancers that will give you access to your earnings instantly. The new Instant Pay option will transfer your funds directly to your bank account the moment you request them, alleviating the waiting periods imposed by other disbursement methods.

How it works:

If this withdrawal option is available to you, you will see ”Instant Pay” (image below) under “Get Paid” in your User Settings. 

When you set up Instant Pay, you’ll need to provide us with your debit card information. Just like it does for other withdrawal options, it can take up to 3 days to initially verify your debit card, so we recommend setting it up in advance. After the initial 3-day verification period, available funds can be instantly transferred to the bank associated with your debit card. The cost for the service is $2 USD per withdrawal. 

The security period still applies to all payments and refunds on all contracts. Once funds are available to withdrawal is when you can use this Instant Pay option. 

Instant Pay1.png

Instant pay 2.png

To use Instant Pay, you'll need a verified Visa or Mastercard debit card that can accept debit payouts. There are some debit cards that do not have this functionality and may be rejected by our systems. If that is the case, you will need to speak to your card issuer. 

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 52

This looks fun...

Has anybody used the new Instant Pay feature?

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.18.42 PM.png

I guess getting funds within minutes is better than getting funds within a day or two...

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.18.32 PM.png

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
3 of 52

What's the catch?

I just withdrew, and never saw it.

I'm guessing it will only be available in a few countries.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 52

Am I seeing that right that it's free? sheeet dawg that would be amazing! 

Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
5 of 52

Cool. I just tried it. You have to add it as a payment method via a bank debit card. I signed up, and it said the payment method would be added within 3 business days. I'll let you know how it goes after that.

Community Guru
6 of 52

well... I guess Heath is more eligible than I am.

Here's all I got for my efforts:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.56.24 PM.png

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 52

Preston H wrote:

well... I guess Heath is more eligible than I am.

Here's all I got for my efforts:

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.56.24 PM.png

Preston, is it a business account? Through another channel, I can receive instant transfers to my personal debit card, but my LLC debit card is not eligible.

Community Guru
8 of 52

re: "...is it a business account? Through another channel, I can receive instant transfers to my personal debit card, but my LLC debit card is not eligible."

I was rejected while trying a regular Chase debit card. Personal acccount, not business.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 52

Preston,

There may be instances where a Visa or Mastercard debit card may be rejected. Could you please contact your issuing bank to see if your debit card is eligible and setup for payout? 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 52

Preston H wrote:

re: "...is it a business account? Through another channel, I can receive instant transfers to my personal debit card, but my LLC debit card is not eligible."

I was rejected while trying a regular Chase debit card. Personal acccount, not business.

Me, too. Well, it's not Chase, but it is the same debit card I use for Instant Pay through PayPal (or did, before the rate hike). For whatever reason, it doesn't work here.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS