cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interested in trying out a new beta feature on Upwork?

Karim A Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
121 of 277
William A Member Since: Mar 4, 2019
Jasson M Member Since: Oct 7, 2015
123 of 277
Cristiana S Member Since: Feb 13, 2015
124 of 277
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
125 of 277

Pardon my frustration but what the he** is wrong with you people (@ Upwork)? You're asking for volunteers for beta, and then you turn around and throw this feature on profiles of people who DID NOT volunteer to participate? What's the point of volunteering?

And then you pre-populate my LIVE PROFILE with services I don't even offer? **Edited for Community Guidelines** have your devs never heard of "drafts"? Is there anything you can do right?!

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
126 of 277

Hi Ines,

We're so sorry to hear you feel this way. While we are offering this product on a volunteer basis, we are also inviting a small percentage of freelancers to the beta test group from the general marketplace. We strive to make Upwork a smoother experience by providing better tools for clients and freelancers to do business and these types of product additions help us do that.

Freelancers who are included in the test but decide against using the feature can disable it, which will remove this functionality from their profile when viewed by others. I've checked your account and see you already disabled the feature on your end.

Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
127 of 277

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ines,

We're so sorry to hear you feel this way. While we are offering this product on a volunteer basis, we are also inviting a small percentage of freelancers to the beta test group from the general marketplace. We strive to make Upwork a smoother experience by providing better tools for clients and freelancers to do business and these types of product additions help us do that.

Freelancers who are included in the test but decide against using the feature can disable it, which will remove this functionality from their profile when viewed by others. I've checked your account and see you already disabled the feature on your end.

I'm sorry too, Vlad - the feature is not the issue, it's the fact that the thing went live on my profile before I even had the chance to look at it! It's so wrong to put these default projects on my profile, making me look like an idiot specializing in process automation but then packaging web development for $250. Bah.

Feature's fine, it just makes no sense that my first action needs to be immediately going online and deleting all of those projects - that should've been the default (draft mode or no projects at all).

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Bogdan P Member Since: May 6, 2015
BEST ANSWER
128 of 277

Very nice, I can find new and more bugs Smiley Happy Call me in, pleaseSmiley Happy

It's all about walking that extra mile when everyone else has abandoned the race.
Artur C Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
129 of 277

Yes, I would like more information about this. My profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d8025e2742ac346d

Bassma h Member Since: Jul 14, 2018
130 of 277
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS