cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interested in trying out a new beta feature on Upwork?

shetani
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
131 of 290

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Ines,

We're so sorry to hear you feel this way. While we are offering this product on a volunteer basis, we are also inviting a small percentage of freelancers to the beta test group from the general marketplace. We strive to make Upwork a smoother experience by providing better tools for clients and freelancers to do business and these types of product additions help us do that.

Freelancers who are included in the test but decide against using the feature can disable it, which will remove this functionality from their profile when viewed by others. I've checked your account and see you already disabled the feature on your end.

I'm sorry too, Vlad - the feature is not the issue, it's the fact that the thing went live on my profile before I even had the chance to look at it! It's so wrong to put these default projects on my profile, making me look like an idiot specializing in process automation but then packaging web development for $250. Bah.

Feature's fine, it just makes no sense that my first action needs to be immediately going online and deleting all of those projects - that should've been the default (draft mode or no projects at all).

photogrossman
Ace Contributor
Bogdan P Member Since: May 6, 2015
BEST ANSWER
132 of 290

Very nice, I can find new and more bugs Smiley Happy Call me in, pleaseSmiley Happy

It's all about walking that extra mile when everyone else has abandoned the race.

View solution in original post

artur-cherepanov
Artur C Member Since: Aug 21, 2019
133 of 290

Yes, I would like more information about this. My profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d8025e2742ac346d

bassmah
Ace Contributor
Bassma h Member Since: Jul 14, 2018
134 of 290
celine-simon
Celine S Member Since: May 16, 2016
135 of 290

Erm, I never said that I was interested in trying this beta feature (I didn't even know it existed) and now it's on my profile--without any previous explanation or asking my permission to put it on my profile.

All I got was an email this morning stating that it's now on my profile. There should have been a better communication plan prior to launching this. Now I have to spend time going into my profile to delete and/or modify this feature instead of working on projects for clients. 

Upwork, this "take it or leave it" thing you have going on right now with freelancers is not right. Please ask first! 

itdevforhire
Konstantin E Member Since: Feb 3, 2018
136 of 290
Hello,
I’m interested in trying new ficha!
https://www.upwork.com/fl/konstantineletskiy
Thank you!
enggr_rimon
Md Rimon M Member Since: Jul 2, 2017
137 of 290

Why show this option on my profile. When I go to this link https://www.upwork.com/fl/mdrimonmia
Scroll down and then show,
Popular projects: NEW
1) Error Detection, Starting at $50
2) Product Listings, Starting at $100
3) Daily Deposits, Starting at $100

I Don't understand about it. If any one know about this, please let me details.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
138 of 290

Md Rimon:

Upwork stuck this on my profile page a couple weeks ago.

I was able to go to my page in edit mode and delete all of the "Popular Projects."

You can edit these, delete them, or add new ones.

Why is Upwork doing this?

Upwork is experimenting with this new aspect of their system. They believe it will be something that clients will appreciate, and which will make it more likely that clients hire freelancers and spend money on Upwork.

So, in essence, Upwork's reason for doing this is to increase their earnings by helpiong you (the freelancer) earn more money from clients.

enggr_rimon
Md Rimon M Member Since: Jul 2, 2017
139 of 290

Hello Preston,

Thank you so much for your helping answer.

Kind regards,

Rimon

shetani
Community Guru
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
140 of 290

Can the project description at least support line breaks?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS