cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in trying out a new beta feature on Upwork?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1 of 290

We’re looking for freelancers who want to be among the first to add a “Popular Projects” section to their Upwork profile. 

“Popular Projects” is a new way for freelancers to market a predefined work product. For example, you can bundle your services like this:

WordPress full website
Starting at: $1,500.00
I will build a WordPress site up to 10 pages, using any hosting. Includes up to three revisions. Will complete the project within two weeks.

Bundling skills this way can help clients -- especially those who are unsure about the scope of their project -- connect with the right freelancer faster. Plus, as a freelancer, you can easily set your client’s expectations from the very start.

Here’s an early design of what clients will see:

Screenshot_3.png

Interested in participating? Just reply to this thread and share the link to your Upwork profile. If selected from the waitlist (there’s a limited number of spots), you’ll receive an email with more specifics about how to set up the “Popular Projects” feature to promote your skills.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Elizabeth H Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
2 of 290

I would be interested in this! I think it would be a great addition to the Upwork profile!

Highlighted
Laze D Member Since: Jun 9, 2018
3 of 290

Not sure if I should start a new thread just to ask this question.

I've seen the new feature and I very much liked it - but I can't really utilize it.

I'm mainly doing content-writing and setting a fixed minimum price of $50 won't work for me.

The best would be so I can set a price per word, or just lower the minimum price.

Why is there a minimum price anyway?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
4 of 290

I don't usually add too many of my project details in my Portfolio. Last I did maybe a year ago.

A few months ago, Upwork introduces "Create custom projects"

2.PNG  

After describing a little bit of my services, is it okay to share my video links from YouTube, Dropbox or Gdrive in the description of "Create custom projects" of my profile? 

4.PNGBecause I believe, a video link can describe better than texts...what I do and about my creations. Does it break any TOS if I share video links in the "custom projects" description from other sites? And I want to mention that the video links I would share in that description are the video projects of Upwork but I didn't update in my portfolio. 

Thanks in advance! 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 290

Hi Rafsun,

I'd like to clarify the purpose of the Projects section before responding to your initial question. Note that when a client chooses to request a quote from a Popular Project, it will create a job post based on that project.

You can include videos in the projects' description but I would like to point out that you might want to consider whether using Portfolio and overview would be more appropriate for the type of information you're looking to include.

We recommend showcasing projects that you repeatedly do for clients. These can be small or big projects and you can add as many details in the description as you want, including how milestones should be set up. Once the client clicks ‘Request a Quote’, they will have the option to add more details of their own so you can provide a better quote for their particular request.

Lastly, I moved your post to the announcement thread related to the Popular Projects s feature, so you could find more information. Let us know if you have further questions and thank you for your interest in this feature.

Highlighted
Orlando M Member Since: May 6, 2020
6 of 290

Hello, 

I've created custom projects so clients can directly hire me but the issue I'm having is that the custom projects are the same for my General and Specialized profiles. 

How can I keep my projects unique for each profile? It makes no sense to have SEO projects live under general or Social Media profiles. 

If I change it on one side it overwrites it on every single profile. Has anyone figured a workaround for this issue? 

Thanks, 
OM 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 290

Hi Orlando,

Thanks for your feedback! Assigning projects to different specialized profiles isn't currently available, they will display the same for all profile. But I'll definitely share your suggestion with our product team for their consideration. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ramasarat P Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
8 of 290
Check me in!
Highlighted
Victor Armando D Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
Highlighted
Alejandro G Member Since: Jan 30, 2019
10 of 290
I would be interested!