cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in trying out a new beta feature on Upwork?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Namita S Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
92 of 290
Highlighted
Community Guru
Eve L Member Since: Feb 17, 2017
93 of 290

Me! I want to try it! Smiley Happy

https://www.upwork.com/fl/eveluneborg

Erika D Member Since: Aug 19, 2019
94 of 290

I too am interested.

Highlighted
Dave S Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
95 of 290

I would also be interested in testing this.

https://www.upwork.com/fl/davesnyder

Highlighted
George T Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
96 of 290

Is there a reason why there is only a fixed payment option for projects, rather than an hourly rate? Or am I missing something and this option is available?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
97 of 290

Hi George,

Popular Projects allow freelancers to set an estimate of what a completed project would cost. This is often determined by the number of hours it would take them to do the project multiplied by their hourly rate. When asking for a quote, the details are worked out like any other project, the freelancer and client can decide on if a fixed price or hourly project is a better fit.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
George T Member Since: Aug 17, 2019
98 of 290

I understand, but for translator/content writing it would be fairly impossible to provide even a ballpark figure as it depends absolutely on the number of pages the client wants done. I'm not sure, for example, what to even indicate for legal translation: I've had orders for 5$, 50$ and even 300$, all depending largely on the number of pages.

If there are no plans to add in an hourly rate, the only workaround I see is me specifying the number of pages in the project itself, i.e "I will translate 100 pages of legal documentation for 1000$". That should work too, however I'd like to see more customization options for a broader array of job offers. Maybe even a 'per page' cost option for us translators and content producers?

Nevertheless, great job with the initiative, I hope it moves forward as planned!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
Highlighted
Steven O Member Since: Aug 15, 2019
100 of 290

So I guess for the past few days my profile said I was offering services that I don't offer for prices that I don't offer. I do think that offering "gigs" simmilar to how Fiverrr works is a good idea and I did quickly edit mine so people are not mislead into thinking that the default ones ore real. 

My question is can I add delete or re-arrange the order? 

Again, I do like the idea but I want to give some feedback on the exicution... To just add this LIVE to peoples profiles and just guess at gigs and prices is not optimal 2 reasons.

#1 the frelancer may not want to offer that service or price or want to use this feature and your going to put someone in a really aqward position if they get a message asking for said service / price combo. 

#2 If a client is searching for a freelancer and every page they go to has the same generic "I'll make you a logo for $50" there going to ignore it after they see it a few times because there going to relize that the section is a default feature and it will have a negative effect on freelancers who want to take advantage of the new feature. 

Giving freelancers a message making them aware of the new feature and encuraging them to turn it on and use it, then promoting the "popular projects" to clients searching for them seems like it would have a more desirable outcome for both client and freelancer.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS