Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing $5 minimum on milestones for fixed price jobs

This widget could not be displayed.
11 of 17
This widget could not be displayed.

@Preston H wrote:

There is nothing wrong with a $5.00 minimum for fixed-price contracts.

Some projects take only a few minutes to do.

If it is for a few minutes it is OK but some clients hire freelancers for hours of work and pay 5 USD... 

kalaani
Community Leader
Kalaani W Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
12 of 17

@ Elance , in 2010 minimum ratre is 50$ . 

Cost for setting up a job is more than 5$ work . Make it 15$ ... Smiley Wink

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
13 of 17

@Bakhtiyar Y wrote:

Here in Ukraine 3$/hour (which is 500$/month) 

$3/hour is not $500 per month. Unless you're billing 8 hours a day, 20 days a month. Freelancers very rarely bill so much hours in a given month. Freelancers spend lot of time in marketing & client acquisition,and this time spent is not billed.

Basing your business on 8 billable hours a day is a deadly mistake for a freelancer. This is why you see so much cheapos around here. Many doesn't survive. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
anamariacuesta
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
14 of 17

And he didn't discount Upwork's fees and taxes either. Even working 40 hours per week, with such a rate it's highly unlikely that will get $500. 

irieislandgirl
Community Leader
Melinda M Member Since: Nov 25, 2016
15 of 17
I'm new to Upwork looking for work. I guess I do not understand to the fullest of how the Hourly, Fixed, and Milestones work, and I may be asking a silly question, but, what happen to making a living wage at $15.00 and hour? Can someone please explain it to me. Thanks bunches.
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 17

What happened to making a living wage at $15.00 an hour?

Melinda:

Your question doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Upwork is a free market platform where freelancers with skills to offer can meet clients with jobs that need to be done.

There is nothing at Upwork about a "living wage" or "$15 hours an hour." There is a great deal of freedom here. Hourly rates are not specified, other than a $3.00/hour minimum. Which for many of the freelancers working here is about 20 times the hourly rates their neighbors are paid.

Upwork freelancers live all over the world, and not all of them are working for the same reasons or same needs.

I would be happy to work for $3.00 per hour. Or $86 per hour. Depending on the job and the situation and my mood. I have done both.

cj_laguardia
Clemarjon L Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
17 of 17

This is a great news.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS