Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Contract Rooms For Clients

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 24

Next week, we’ll begin releasing the client Contract Room, a centralized place clients can go to manage all aspects of their contract. When clicking on the name of a contract on the My Jobs page or Contracts page, clients will then find a contract-specific view of the following activities and tools:

• Messages, files, video/audio chat
  • Time tracking and payments (for hourly jobs)
  • Milestones and payments (for fixed-price jobs)
  • Work Diary (for hourly jobs)
  • Terms and Settings

1-Messages-and-Files.png

The main navigation has not changed, so clients can still access the same information they see today by going into Messages, or Reports etc. The new Contract Room will be rolled out gradually over the next few weeks. We hope this new view will help clients navigate the site better and provide a more seamless experience with managing their contracts.

Untitled
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
2 of 24

Lena, that sounds great for Clients; and I believe it will be of assistance to we Freelancers as well.  Please assure that it'll be easy for them to locate and navigate.  Woman Happy

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
3 of 24

Well done. But Spock and Kirk must have smoked some controlled substances, their speech makes no sense. Please have the team look into this.

Starfleet people are overrated.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 24

@Rene K wrote:

Well done. But Spock and Kirk must have smoked some controlled substances, their speech makes no sense. Please have the team look into this.

Yeah I wanna know what Lorem Ipsum generator their front-end designer is using...Love the Kirk and Spock though!

In all seriousness, this looks initially good. There was a change made (perhaps inadvertently) a while ago that made it much harder to pay fixed price contracts, clients had to go hunting for the payment button. So this looks good so far.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 24

@Rene K wrote:

I'm reserving judgement. René you crack me up!

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
6 of 24

@Rene K wrote:

Perhaps. But Starfleet encryption is top-notch!

Community Guru
7 of 24

I haven't received this update yet - is it still in progress?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 24

Hi Jennifer,

We've started implementing the Contract Room feature and I expect you'll see it on your end in the next couple of weeks.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
9 of 24

Hi Jennifer, 

The contract room is now 100% live. Let us know if you still do not see the contract room view.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
10 of 24

@Lena E wrote:

Hi Jennifer, 

The contract room is now 100% live. Let us know if you still do not see the contract room view.

-Lena

Thanks Lena, I can see it now.

I did notice one thing that seems to have changed which may be related to this because it happened at the same time (or may not be, and its coincidental): on my "My Jobs" page, I have 2 teams - my main team for my regular freelancers, and a second "Fixed Contracts" team for my short-term, fixed-price freelancers. There's a drop-down box that allows me to switch between those teams. Previously, the Contracts list would only show contracts for the currently-selected team, i.e. if I have the "Fixed Contracts" team selected, only contracts in that team would show. But now it doesn't matter which team I have selected, *all* contracts for both teams show up in the Contracts list.

Do you want me to log a ticket or send you a screenshot or something?