🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Introducing Contract Rooms for Freelancers
Page options

Introducing Contract Rooms for Freelancers

VladimirG
Community Manager

We’re excited to announce that one of the most requested features, the freelancer Contract Room, will become available to all freelancers over the next few weeks. It will replace the current contract details layout and enable you to manage all aspects of your contract from an integrated, contract-specific area. Following features will be included in your Contract Room:

• Messages, files, video/audio chat
  • Time tracking and earnings (for hourly jobs)
  • Milestones and earnings (for fixed-price jobs)
  • Work Diary (for hourly jobs)
  • Terms and Settings

Hourly View:

hourly work room.png

Fixed Price View:

FLCR.png

You can access the Contract Room for all your contracts by selecting the job title on “My Jobs” or “Contracts” pages. The existing account navigation will remain and Reports and Messages can still be accessed directly from the top navigation bar. Having all the tools in one place will hopefully streamline the workflow and enhance communication and collaboration with your clients.

20 Comments
mcluc
Community Member

Everything in one place. It looks very organized, everything at your disposal with few clicks. I like it a lot. No more upper-browsing, clicking and loading that I had to repeat too many times.

moutcom
Community Member

Looks good, and as Lucian stated very usefull in terms of less cross-browsing !

I used to open mulitple windows and reload each time; but the new features would end all of this.

Good work UW 😉

wendy_writes
Community Member

Lighting candles, chanting, communing with the spirits ... and anything and everything else it takes to make this work.  Thanks,Vlad - fingers and toes crossed!! 

vinod111
Community Member

Seems interesting, Excited to see & experience this featureSmiley Tongue

iaabraham
Community Member

Love it, thanks Upwork Smiley Wink

elastella
Community Member

Maybe I am blind - but I cannot find the contract ID in the new room. 

Can somebody help?

Also: I have been mailing with a new client in a message room (with no proposal attached to it as the job posting had expired some time ago). Now that she hired me (via direct offer) I have a contract room and all the important messages are in a different work room. Is there a way to merge these rooms (as in the message threads)?

Thanks.

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Ela,

You can find the Contract ID at the bottom of the Terms & Settings page, however currently there is no way to merge the two message rooms (conversations).

jcullinan
Community Member

When will the new room format actually be rolled out to everyone? I'm not seeing it yet.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jess,

This feature is being gradually rolled out and should be released to all users within the next couple of weeks. Thank you.

elastella
Community Member

There's an issue with the work diary in the contract room: even though it does show my time zone correctly as UTC+2, the underlying time zone seems to be UTC ( I only ever log manual time).

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 08.55.59.png