🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Introducing Contract Rooms for Freelancers
Page options

Introducing Contract Rooms for Freelancers

VladimirG
Community Manager

We’re excited to announce that one of the most requested features, the freelancer Contract Room, will become available to all freelancers over the next few weeks. It will replace the current contract details layout and enable you to manage all aspects of your contract from an integrated, contract-specific area. Following features will be included in your Contract Room:

• Messages, files, video/audio chat
  • Time tracking and earnings (for hourly jobs)
  • Milestones and earnings (for fixed-price jobs)
  • Work Diary (for hourly jobs)
  • Terms and Settings

Hourly View:

hourly work room.png

Fixed Price View:

FLCR.png

You can access the Contract Room for all your contracts by selecting the job title on “My Jobs” or “Contracts” pages. The existing account navigation will remain and Reports and Messages can still be accessed directly from the top navigation bar. Having all the tools in one place will hopefully streamline the workflow and enhance communication and collaboration with your clients.

20 Comments
VladimirG
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting Ela, I checked your account and I'm also seeing the future time error when trying to add manual time from the Contract Room. I see you already added time from the Work Diary directly which is unaffected by the error.

I'll follow up with our Technical team and post an update here once we have more information.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Ela, as a follow-up, our team is investigating the root cause and will implement a fix for the problem as soon as possible. We'll provide an update but in the meantime, if needed, please add manual time directly from the Work Diary. Thanks again for reporting. 

petra_r
Community Member

Love the contract room 🙂

Well thought out and works really well!

afifield
Community Member

I had to come in here for a sec from my busy day to applaud this great setup! Love it and thank you for a job well done on the contract rooms!

knwlzahid
Community Member

Loved the new contract room. Heart

kawsarsid
Community Member

Great initiative. It looks really cool and very useful.

k_pantic
Community Member

It is really amazing. I accidentally opened my contract today, and was very excited to see this live. It is very easy to use, and all the information is in one place, instead of opening 3-4 different pages to see everything! Excellent job UpWork, as always!

vinod111
Community Member

Hi,

I recently visited this new contract room and I would like to say that it's really helpful feature. As we are getting each and every information about a particular contract at one single place so it's going to save our time to find contract-related information. Thanks for bringing such a good change.

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Ela,

Following up on our conversation from last week, the issue which affected adding manual time in your local time zone from the Contract Room was resolved.

I've checked and the time frame selected corresponds with your local time tone when this option is selected and not UTC time. You can once again add manual time directly from the Contract room if you need to, we apologize for the inconvenience.

awesome-team
Community Member

Yes, Its really awesome.