cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introducing Upwork Plus for Clients

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
21 of 102

Scott, I gave up on Upwork's invitations a long time ago. I don't personally care much about invitations as much as I care about how my proposal is being delivered to the client. The algorithm that deals with the display order of proposals is pretty much messed up. In many instances, I had to walk clients through hiring me (after we initially chat because they have less experience in hiring on the platform for the first time) and when they share screen I mostly see my name close to the edge. I also know this is perfectly true when I use the platform as a client. Most of those that Upwork recommend are generally not the ones that I pick for the gig.

I don't know if someone from Upwork will see my comment, but Upwork, please, if you see this, you must know that most of your algorithms suck.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
22 of 102

Scott B wrote:

I just noticed that you have to be a plus client in order to filter freelancers by Top Rated (or Rising Talent). So, freelancers won't see any impact, eh? Now clients have to go through more hoops to find my profile.  Awful. 

Can someone from Upwork please confirm if this is true, because if so I need to work on killing off my score to below 90%. No way anyone of value will pay for this membership, so I'd rather be in a general search than stick to only those clients that might pay for this.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
23 of 102

Please see the attached screenshots to illustrate my comment about filter locks. This comes from my basic client account. The second image you see comes when you click on the lock icon seen below.

UW_Filter1.JPGUW_Filter2.JPG

Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
24 of 102

Scott B wrote:

Please see the attached screenshots to illustrate my comment about filter locks. This comes from my basic client account. The second image you see comes when you click on the lock icon seen below.

UW_Filter1.JPGUW_Filter2.JPG

That is interesting as it looks they added those two categories in and then locked them to make it look like they can "get more" with a paid account. My client account looks like this (and it's been active in past 18 mos). There is no top rated search option on mine... Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 12.55.31 PM.png

Community Guru
25 of 102

oh.. disregard my post.. I thought you were talking about when posting a job.  I can't search by top rated either. I had posted a job in the past few months but didn't hire anyone so a client being "active" in past 15-18 months (or whatever it is) means they had to have hired someone - not just have an existing client account or even post a job and not hire someone.  

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
26 of 102

Scott or Jessica, so there is a 90%+ option but not TR? Am I understanding that correctly? Then it might still be worth staying above 90%. idk. That's an interesting curb stomp to TR people.

Community Guru
27 of 102

yes, there is a 90% or higher option - which is the same as top rated really - for most people - so I would imagine many clients would click that.  To think that they feel that searching by "top rated" is a big perk worth part of that $50 is insane when one can search 90% or higher. I guess they are hoping clients will think there is a big difference between the two when there is NOT. 

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
28 of 102

Jennifer M wrote:

Scott or Jessica, so there is a 90%+ option but not TR? Am I understanding that correctly? Then it might still be worth staying above 90%. idk. That's an interesting curb stomp to TR people.

Correct. You can choose 90%+ without having a Plus account but you cannot chose Top Rated or Rising Talent without one.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
29 of 102

Jennifer M wrote:

I'm tempted now to put Top Rated in my profile title. It's tacky, but maybe clients will start searching for that keyword combo.

30 of 102

Thank you John, Scott and Jessica!

Mannnn this sucks. Well I guess staying above 90% still makes sense but like I said in another thread, you're stuck with the noobs lucky enough not to run across a terrible client and the frauds that got their TR removed because they got caught doing a no-no. blah.

Doesn't even really make sense to be TR then except for the perk I guess.

John, I'm gonna steal your idea maybe. Smiley Wink I'm not your competitor, so we can share the wealth of your good idea. Smiley Very Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS