cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introducing Upwork Plus for Clients

Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
11 of 102

3 invites is not enough to give a new client a decent enough experience to want to pay for this service - especially if their hiring needs are sporadic. Why pay monthly? They will be swamped with unqualifed applicants to sift through because their mere 3 invites only resulted in one response and that freelancer's fees are too high. And so.. retaining new repeat business will be a challenge at best.  They should get at LEAST 5 invites.

$50/month...  that's a ridiculous price for what you guys are offering for that money.

And your best freelancers who rely solely on invites, and get so much less now, will focus their efforts elsewhere, leaving the less qualifed ones to apply for jobs.

This is not how to save the platform. I fear this is the beginning of the end. Most clients won't want to pay for this and you reduced the basic plan to something that will produce a less than desirable experience and won't bring on new clients. Sounds like a lose-lose to me. 

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
12 of 102

We've all said the same thing in various ways.  It truly is sad that the mods do not have substantial input into management decisions as I sincerely believe the mods have a better sense of reality from both buyer and FL perspectives than do number crunchers,  designers, and ill-informed execs with corner windows.

The mods are the ones with hands-on user experiences and, as such, should be consulted at least nominally.

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
13 of 102

I used to make money here because of Upwork.

I now (since US only and other shenanigans) make some money in spite of Upwork.

Hardly anyone I work with is a business, growing or otherwise. You now seem to be bored with making it difficult from my end and have moved to making it difficult from the client end.  A limit of 3 invites is just going to see the same projects posted again and again and...

Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
14 of 102

What kills me about this, is that they are giving alll these perks that used to be FREE (outside of one featured job per month and a worthless badge) charging $50/month for it and are spinning it as a "feature" - a benefit of some sort - hoping new clients won't notice. They would have to grandfather in existing clients since it's such a damanging change. I guess Upwork doesn't want new clients... squeezing as much money as they can from both ends instead of just trying to improve the platform and deliver strong client experiences. It won't work... 

Ace Contributor
Melissa R Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
15 of 102
Not to improve the platform. It’s about greed.
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
16 of 102

Wendy C wrote:

We've all said the same thing in various ways.  It truly is sad that the mods do not have substantial input into management decisions as I sincerely believe the mods have a better sense of reality from both buyer and FL perspectives than do number crunchers,  designers, and ill-informed execs with corner windows.

The mods are the ones with hands-on user experiences and, as such, should be consulted at least nominally.

I totally agree Wendy!  As we all know, it appears that some Mods drink more of the kool aid than others.  Hopefully those that don't drink so much of it would be consulted.  

Highlighted
Haider R Member Since: Sep 20, 2017
17 of 102

Absolutely nailed it. 

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
18 of 102

LOL Upwork, congratulations -- you've outdone yourself. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse Robot LOL Robot LOL Robot LOL

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
19 of 102

Smiley Surprised I ..., this ..., without words!

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
20 of 102

I just noticed that you have to be a plus client in order to filter freelancers by Top Rated (or Rising Talent). So, freelancers won't see any impact, eh? Now clients have to go through more hoops to find my profile.  Awful. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS