cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introducing Upwork Plus for Clients

Highlighted
Hassan N Member Since: Feb 8, 2015
76 of 103

I Resed this issue since  year 2 ago  I was having trouble to get the best freelancer still  scenario is the same UW told me they will fix but they couldn't the same problem I am facing it feel hopeless when having a great top rated profile, up to 300K plus earning with job score about 100% but system throw your profile  in the darkness. when would you search your profile you could see many unprofessional freelancers coming in top ten freelancers  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
76 of 103

Every point Jennifer M. raises makes 110% sense.  I hope a moderator (or moderators) share her observations with management.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
76 of 103

Jenn M. is absolutely on target here.

I would like to add that it is my own experience that my mid-tier clients tend to like the personal touch, and they become quite loyal. They get used to me; I become used to them; we know what to expect from each other; trust builds; and time is saved due to reduced need for explanations and re-dos. 

There is a great deal to be said for the bread-and-butter of steady, repeat business and the good word-of-mouth that happy, loyal clients generate.

Highlighted
Community Guru
76 of 103

Along with what Janean wrote ...

These are often clients who see positive results from our work and then expand their endeavors to include venues they had only dreamed might be possible.   As writer/branding professional I've PM-ed long term clients jobs for everything from website build (UX  focused) to logo design to graphic artists in a variety of capacities to editing to translations to video creation.  These jobs BEGAN with one simple job and grew.

No job on my profile sez PM.  However, if I write it - I manage the production of same whenever possible.  Clients do not have the time; they know and trust me - and know I'm a perfectionist.

These clients end up spending multiple thousands. Starting with a job that billed a couple of hundred. They are not enterprise level by the furthest stretch of the imagination - but their successes, their word of mouth publicity, and their loyalty lead to revenue for FLers and Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
76 of 103

Oops!
Virginia, did your post have a link? Have you edited the message? The link does not appear
I've seen it in the mail Smiley Happy

Well, it seems that one of the things we suspected was going to happen has happened.
When reading the moderator's response, the feeling has not been good.
Either you pay, or there is nothing to do.
Bad, very bad!

Community Guru
76 of 103

Seems this insane (dare I add arcane?) test is going on long past it's optimum death date. 

Upwork - allowing 3 invites only is financially ruinous for you.  As FLers, we can and do work on multiple platforms.  As clients, we have always posted new RFPs on multiple platforms.

Upwork's financial health is contingent on FL earnings. Imposing a fee on clients to post jobs while severely limiting their ability to perform adequate provider searches is nuts.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
77 of 103

Wendy C wrote:

Seems this insane (dare I add arcane?) test is going on long past it's optimum death date. 

Sadly, this was not announced as a test.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Syed Ebad H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
78 of 103
Hi,
I saw many jobs with the 'PLUS' badge. But the client did not confirm their payment method. Is it normal? because if they really wants to hire someone, then why they doesn't verified their payment method? Are they new? I want to apply Plus badge jobs, but I do not apply because of the unverified payment method. I'm confused about it. Have you applied these types of jobs?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
79 of 103

Syed Ebad H wrote:
Hi,
I saw many jobs with the 'PLUS' badge. But the client did not confirm their payment method. Is it normal? because if they really wants to hire someone, then why they doesn't verified their payment method? Are they new? I want to apply Plus badge jobs, but I do not apply because of the unverified payment method. I'm confused about it. Have you applied these types of jobs?

I don't care if the payment method is verified or not at the time I apply to a job. That is something that the client can do in a few seconds at any time later. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Syed Ebad H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
80 of 103
You are right. It depend on the client. That means I can apply.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS