Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Upwork Plus for Clients

Highlighted
Hassan N Member Since: Feb 8, 2015
51 of 103

Hi Valleria 

you dont want to but it's eventually it's happening have to look my stats  0 profile review after this update even I applied up to 40 jobs in 2 weeks. I hope you could give me the answer that why it's happing with me.   I am hopeless no good news is coming.

Hasan

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
52 of 103

Hi Isabelle, following up on the question you raised earlier.

As part of the new subscription plan, some new clients are offered a free trial, after which they will be charged the regular membership fee. While having the Plus badge displayed is beneficial for all users, freelancers should still follow the same best practice steps in reviewing new job posts. We recommend that freelancers check the client’s payment method status, since there are other instances in which a client would still have a Plus badge displayed while having an unverified payment method, for example in case their credit card expires.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
53 of 103

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Isabelle, following up on the question you raised earlier.

As part of the new subscription plan, some new clients are offered a free trial, after which they will be charged the regular membership fee. While having the Plus badge displayed is beneficial for all users, freelancers should still follow the same best practice steps in reviewing new job posts. We recommend that freelancers check the client’s payment method status, since there are other instances in which a client would still have a Plus badge displayed while having an unverified payment method, for example in case their credit card expires.

I saw my first Plus badge this morning ... and it surprised me that their payment method was unverified. I'd assumed that would be a criteria a client would have to meet to have a Plus badge.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
54 of 103

@Vlad, thanks for clarifying; I suppose that a trial will make this more attractive to clients.

@Wendy, had no idea -- thanks for confirming! Will pay more attention to those job posts from now on ...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
55 of 103

Vlad, I PMed you 3 RFPs marked as U. PLUS Client - all of which showed as unverified and with no history showing.  Does this mean that U just decided to dangle a carrot or is hiding all history of Plus clients the new norm?

You're welcome, Isabelle.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
59 of 103

Hello Experts,

Take my best regards. I have a curiosity. I never have seen this badge of "

Upwork Plus Client". And this was the first job post of the client without payment verification! Could anyone please inform something more about this...please? Thanks in advance. 

**Edited for community guidelines** 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Polina S Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
59 of 103
Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
59 of 103

So that's where Featured Jobs come from...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
59 of 103

O...okay! I got that. Thank you Polina for the information. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
60 of 103

Wendy, 

As Vladimir already stated, some new clients are offered a free trial to Upwork Plus, so their payment method would not automatically be on file. As with any new clients just signing up they will not have a work history yet, and may not have a verified payment method already. Information is not being hidden, they just don't have them yet. 

Your repetitive posts have been removed,

Lena

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS