🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Introducing Upwork
Page options

Introducing Upwork

garnorm
Community Member

As you might have noticed, today we took a major step in the future of our work together by relaunching oDesk as Upwork.

Today, you’ll see familiar oDesk functionality and your existing profile, but with a new mobile-friendly and simplified design. A new Upwork Messenger app is now also available for download on Android and iPhone. Upwork is a new name, and a new platform for connecting businesses with talented professionals, faster and more easily than ever before and we couldn’t be happier to have you be a part of it.

Take a look around Upwork, and let us know what you think. As usual, we’ll be here on the Community to answer as many of your questions as we can.

Thanks!

350 Comments
vorion
Community Member

Garnor,

Change is Good. But I feel we should have been informed beforehand to suit ourselves to experience a totally different interface. I am not complaining. Just saying.

One thing I am very glad about, that's Android App.Smiley Very Happy

Update: The Mobile App is pretty cool and smooth.

Thank you

Pravin

neelum_begum
Community Member

HEllo Garnor,

Well change is good but colour scheme is not pleasant i don't like it.I think odesk is now completely clone of Elance some how.Star colour green every thing is green just change it please.Thank You

Kind Regards

Neelam

garnorm
Community Member

Thanks Pravin and glad to see you like the mobile app. We think it's pretty cool too!

Regarding advanced notice, we did share with the community in February that big changes were ahead for oDesk, but we were unable to share exact details. We understand this is a significant change for our community and we will be announcing it via in-product notifications and emails going out shortly.

whogg72
Community Member

Hi Garnor,

So far so good, and I'll keep exploring. One thing I immediately noticed is that now, in the Community section, when I click on the Upwork logo in the top left corner, it doesn't open up the main page (as it used to). Could you pass on the message that this was mighty useful?

Cheers,

William

garnorm
Community Member

Thanks William. That's a bug (the logo not pointing you to our main Upwork site). We'll get that fixed within a couple of days I expect.

heavenmade
Community Member

Hi Garnor

I have to be Blunt!

I hate the name UPWORK  it's not a professional name also the website colours and fonts are just terrible. What gets me mad is UPWORK management keep bringing in new features we never asked for! Then fixing things that don't need to be fixed and breaking them! Also not fixing things we ask to be fixed on the UPWORK / oDesk platform.

Its a very sad day for contractors here on this platform......

garnorm
Community Member

Thanks for the opinion Ian and we'll have to disagree on this one. We're pretty excited about the name, the brand and the new look and feel. It's going to take some adjusting, but we think this is a really good thing for all of us. I hope you'll change your mind as you see things come to life. 

We're also not ignoring bugs/issues that you've come across or experienced in the past. We want to get those fixed so you have a better experience all around.

heavenmade
Community Member

Hi Garnor

I could except that if it's just my view but it's not!  

I am sure you have seen the blog page most people are saying the same thing as what I am expressing here to you:

https://www.upwork.com/blog/2015/05/odesk-is-now-upwork/

iaabraham
Community Member

When I was first redirected to the new Upwork site, I honestly thought this was a belated April Fool's joke. Then I thought the new site was some scam platform that had hacked into oDesk. Unfortunately I am very unhappy with the changes, but there's nothing I (or anyone else) can do.

Just a quick question: is there a new Upwork Team App or something similar that we have to download? I am seeing people refer to it on the FB page, but they're complaining that it's not working so I don't want to download it if that's the case.

tasamil
Community Member

I see that the star percentage given to freelancers ( in clients' histories)  is back and more prominent than before-so thank you for that.  Just a note- I can't access forum/community from my main oDesk page, so I am not sure are you aware there is a problem with that link.

Otherwise , I am sort of indifferent to a name  or make- up change as long as some other functionalities work fine. My first association was (not negative or positive-it was just the first thing that crossed my mind):